772 6 2020-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
B737ng
lvl.3
Flight distance : 297106 ft
Ireland

Hi,
Need some help in relation to warranty  support. My Air 2 has been flying great for almost a month. I updated the firmware as prompted, calibratied everything and went flying.
On my first flight I received propeller guards warnings even tho there was none installed, so I returned.

Restarted the drone, took off again and and from about 5ft heigh, I received IMU warning and the drone just rocketed into the ground.
2 props damaged and some scratches.

Recalibrated everything and tested the drone again. It still flys but every time I want to land it keeps giving me unsuitable terrain warning ??

There is clearly an issue with it. I want to send  it back to dji for replacement. I have DJI refresh, but honestly I dont want to use it, as I feel there is a fault with this drone. Even previously I had  gimbal  overload warning which I lived with it, but when It comes to self crashing, thats a no!

Any advice? Thanks
2020-6-24
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Post your flight logs on here and some of the other folks will help determine  what may be going on.
2020-6-24
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

Wow big trouble!... how come this happen after upgrade .0250?
2020-6-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry about the accident. Please kindly contact our support at the link below to open a case and send the drone in, we'll submit a data analysis to find out the cause if the drone is under warranty. And we will provide you with the corresponding offer based on the analysis result. http://www.dji.com/support
2020-6-24
Use props
Werner F.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14745246 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

Hi B737ng,

almost same problem and crash happened to my Macic Air 2 after upgrade.
I was flying about 5m over water straight forward when suddenly MA2 dropped hight, crashed to water and sink
After contact DJI support and analysis flight data I get following answer from DJI support:
“The unfortunate incident that occurred to your aircraft has been confirmed as a warranty case according to our data analysis.”
So DJI will offer free replacement to me because drone can’t be recovered from ground of sea.
Thanks DJI Support!

If this is really bug in new firmware DJI should fix it ASAP!
2020-6-24
Use props
B737ng
lvl.3
Flight distance : 297106 ft
Ireland

Yes, that’s similar to mine, altough I was on the concrete.

After the update, front obstacle sensors are malfunctioning, my landing sensors are going mental aswell, and continuously telling me there is uneven terrain below me.

I have my Air 2 since the release, and apart from a few glitches, it worked fine, but this update was the end of it. It still flies but I need a replacement at this stage
2020-6-24
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, I am glad I don't update often then. Thanks to you guys for being the beta testers.
2020-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules