Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI CARE & COVID 19
168 5 6-25 01:28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
manigutau
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1344088 ft
  • >>>
Romania

It seems DJI CARE is not possible during COVID 19 times, allow me to explain.
I had two DJI CARE plans activated for the previous year, for my Inspire 2 and my Mavic 2 PRO.
I had no accidents, I never asked DJI for a repair or replacement of these aircrafts.
Somehow I paid around 500 euros just to enjoy peace of mind during flying.
The Inspire 2 plan expired in December 25 2019, the Mavic 2 Pro on April 25 2020.
As you all may now, those were troubled times all over the world, due to corona virus, my main priority was to keep my family safe and to secure my income in a very troubled world etc.
Flying my drones was my last priority, as it was not possible.
My country, as many others, was in full lockdown until June 1st, for several months we were allowed to leave our homes only for very strict necessities.
Flying a drone was not an option, definitely.
And considering one of the video verification conditions was to fly my aircraft at a distance of minimum 200 meters and 120 meters altitude, it was not possible to complete the video verification in my living room.
Since June 1st we were allowed finally to travel outside the cities, so I managed to complete video verifications for both aircrafts and I uploaded them on the DJI Website on June 12, waiting for an answer which was advertised to be received in ‘’maximum three business days’’.
On June 18 I finally received a message from DJI CARE staff, asking me if I would like to renew my insurance ?!
No comment.
I replied affirmative, and on June 19 I was informed I am not eligible for DJI CARE Refresh +, as it can only be purchased and activated if:

• 1. DJI Care Refresh has already been purchased,
  • 2. DJI Care Refresh has not yet expired,
  • 3. If there is at least one product replacement left under DJI Care

Bottom line, I had purchased before DJI CARE Refresh, I never asked DJI for a repair or replacement, but I am not eligible as my DJI CARE Refresh expired during COVID 19 pandemic.

Seriously DJI?! Hopefully this is just a bad joke and someone in your company did not realize this situation before sending me this kind of reply.
How was I suppose to fly and complete the required video verification during full lockdown?!
I am pretty sure your staff knows about the current world situation and COVID 19 pandemic, as this message was attached to all your e-mails:

‘’Affected by the spread of the COVID-19 virus, DJI has adjusted our after-sales service arrangements. Because of that, we sincerely apologize for the late response and we are currently receiving extremely high volume of inquiries. Rest assured that we are doing our best to get back to you as soon as possible.’’

Bottom line, you are asking for my understading, during this very difficult situation, but you cannot provide the same level of tolerance with the problems encountered by your customers.
It seems like Covid 19 affected only your business, not ours.

So, let’s make something very clear:

I have been your loyal and constant customer since the creation of first Phantom. I purchased and I own almost every product made by your company, from Osmo to Inspire 2, Ronin etc.
My previous DJI CARE plans prove that I am a responsible pilot, with no repair/replacement needed.
All over the world, all official documents, contracts and plans expired during national state of emergency were automatically extended from 90 days to 6 months.
So I am expecting you to act accordingly and extend my insurance plans, taking in consideration the current very special situation.
On June 12 I also activated a PRORES license on my aircraft.
If you do not activate my plan, and something bad happens with my aircraft while flying, it will be an extra damage of 600 euros, as your policy says very clearly that PRORES license is not transferable to another aircraft.

So let’s make this work, together, as I would like to pay another 500 euros just to enjoy more peace of mind during flying a product setup which was purchased from your company with more than 10.000 euros.

Looking forward to receive your answer and support, as soon as possible

Thx.

6-25 01:28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi manigutau, sorry for all the inconvenience caused. I have managed to get your ticket number via your forum account, I will forward your issue to the related team for a check. If there is an update, we'll let you know. Thanks.
6-25 04:08
Use props
manigutau
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Thank you for helping me with this matter, Natalia
6-25 05:23
Use props
manigutau
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Any news? Thx
6-30 00:13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi manigutau, sorry for the late response. Our team has followed up your email, kindly please check it. Thanks.
6-30 01:39
Use props
manigutau
Second Officer
  • >>>
Romania

Lost a lot of time and energy to finally receive the following answer : DJI CARE REFRESH + is not available in Europe.
Seriously, when I received this message I had the impression I am on candid camera...
Come on, this cannot be for real...
After exchanging several emails & uploading verification videos, I was finally informed that actually I was wasting my time, as DJI CARE REFRESH + is not available in Europe.
Great consideration towards your customers, DJI...
You should have mentioned this from the very beginning, as this information is not present on any of your websites!
I would have not purchased the Prores license for an aircraft I cannot insure, as license is not transferable if something goes wrong, and I would have not wasted my time uploading verification videos and sending several emails to your staff on this matter.
A complete waste of time and a total lack of respect towards your customers.
Anyway, in case other EU pilots are watching this thread:
YOU CANNOT BUY DJI CARE REFRESH+
You can purchase DJI CARE REFRESH, but that’s it.
After it expires, even if YOU NEVER HAD ANY ACCIDENT AND YOU NEVER ASKED FOR A REPLACEMENT, you will NOT be able to renew your DJI CARE plan, as it is not available in EUROPE.
Why? Only DJI GOD knows.
Bottom line, in EU you can insure a DJI product only for one year.
After that, you’re on your own, that’s all folks.

7-12 01:05
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules