Power Saving RTH (Return to Home and Land) has anyone expierienced?
1365 8 2020-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
twilight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2113606 ft
Romania

Can anyone confirm this is working?

"Power Saving RTH (Return to Home and Land) Procedure:
During Straight Line RTH, if the distance is farther than 400 m and the altitude is more than 90 m higher than
the RTH altitude as well as more than 290 m higher than the home point, a prompt appears in DJI Fly asking
the user if they wish to enter Return to Home and Land in order to save power. After selecting Return to Home
and Land, the aircraft calculates the best angle (16.7° horizontally) and flies to the home point. When the aircraft
reaches 200 m above the home point or RTH altitude, it lands and the motors stop.
The aircraft exits from Return to Home and Land and enter Straight Line RTH in the following scenarios: 1.
if the pitch stick is pulled backward. 2. if the remote controller signal is lost. 3. if the Vision Systems become
unavailable."

2020-6-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

This procedure has been changed in the last manual. (post#1 is from the latest manual)
But flying 290 meters higher than HP means that in many counrtries you will exceeds the legal limit of 120 meters.
Same for flying 90 meters higher than the RTH setting.My normal RTH setting is 30 meters, 90+30=120.....

So i will not experience this....   

cheers
JJB

2020-6-25
Use props
twilight
lvl.4
Romania

So do not have the latest manual? I downloaded it from the dji’s site.
2020-6-25
Use props
JEZ2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336204 ft
United States

twilight Posted at 6-25 07:18
So do not have the latest manual? I downloaded it from the dji’s site.

What you posted is the latest manual.  The one before had totally different conditions that might have been more likely to be met.  As noted, it will be rare that people see this unless flying high (which could be legally possible flying over a hill or mountain, I guess).
2020-6-25
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

JEZ2 Posted at 6-25 07:36
What you posted is the latest manual.  The one before had totally different conditions that might have been more likely to be met.  As noted, it will be rare that people see this unless flying high (which could be legally possible flying over a hill or mountain, I guess).

Yes, possible flying over a hill etc
But as the height is zeroed at takeoff, this 290 meter is referenced to this height.

cheers
JJB
2020-6-25
Use props
twilight
lvl.4
Romania

I will try it in this weekend. I’m going in the mountains, i will take it to 500 m altitude and see if it comes back at 16 degree angle when rth is pressed.
2020-6-25
Use props
twilight
lvl.4
Romania

https://youtu.be/qEMjs-HFtPM

APAS must be activated. If not, this mode will not be activated.

It’s a nice feature that saves battey and time. I always used this ideea but was going down manualy while the drone returned home.

It’s a pity the 290 m rule seems a bit exagerated
2020-6-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

twilight Posted at 6-26 06:09
https://youtu.be/qEMjs-HFtPM

APAS must be activated. If not, this mode will not be activated.

Thanks for testing !
2020-6-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there twilight. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us regards to the DJI Mavic Air 2 Power Saving RTH ( Return to Home and Land ). " Power Saving RTH ", also called " Return to Home and Land, is a version of Straight Line RTH included in the various types of Smart RTH. As the name implies, Power Saving RTH mainly aims to minimize power loss during RTH process. After the Power Saving RTH is triggered, the drone will fly back straighth to the Home Point horizontally ( at a speed of 10m/s ), while also flying down verically at a constant speed of 3m/s and a dive angle of 16.7 degrees. When the aircraft reaches the preset RTH altitude above the HOme Point, it starts to land ( Note that first, the preset RTH altitude should be no less than 200 meters, second the current RTH altitude should be at leats 90 meters higher than the preset RTH altitude. ). In addition, I will post a link ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... Manual_v1.2_en_.pdf ) where in you can find the most recent DJI Mavic Air 2 user manual for further reference. Thank you.

2020-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules