Love My Smart Controller.
1233 12 2020-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
waltwblady.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46696 ft
Canada

The standard Remote Controller that came with my M2P stopped working with my 7.8” CrystalSky, and was sent in for repairs. I couldn’t stand the thought of Summer photography without great aerial shots from my M2P camera, so I bought a Smart Controller. It’s a little expensive in Canada but worth it in my opinion.

Once in a while I have problems with communications between the SC, M2P and the Goggles RE, but I think this is due to some interference or weak signals in my area. I can’t say for sure because the devices don't  throw up many error codes. I would like to see more error trapping to help me trouble shoot any problems. However these are very complex and capable electronic products that usually work together quite well so I can't complain too much. I can’t imagine the amount of engineering expertise that went into building these products. Quite amazing.

The SC is well built and its functions and menus are well thought out. The only negative I have is the 1000 nits screen brightness. My CrystalSky has 2000 nits and works well when the sun is overhead. The SC is sometimes hard to see. I guess there has to be a tradeoff between battery duration and brightness. I think DJI made the right choice in my opinion. I’d recommend the Smart Controller if you have the bucks. Nice product… you won’t be sorry.

2020-6-25
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

I totally agree !! Just take it and fly !
2020-6-25
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

what I use for a brighter screen

https://www.thorsdroneworld.com/ ... o-feelworld-7-combo
2020-6-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there waltwblady.com. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out your positive feedback for your DJI Smart Controller. Rest assured that DJI is continuously creating more great and user-friendly updates and DJI products in the future. If you have any inquiries or concerns with your DJI Smart Controller or with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI forum. We are all here to assist you. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-6-25
Use props
Dronie2
First Officer
Flight distance : 1336365 ft
Spain

Yes, It's a great device.
2020-6-26
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-25 22:56
Hello there waltwblady.com. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out your positive feedback for your DJI Smart Controller. Rest assured that DJI is continuously creating more great and user-friendly updates and DJI products in the future. If you have any inquiries or concerns with your DJI Smart Controller or with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI forum. We are all here to assist you. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

So, when can we expect Mavic Air 2 support for the Smart Controller?
2020-6-26
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

Oracle Miata Posted at 6-26 06:26

That's a good and hot question !!!
2020-6-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Oracle Miata Posted at 6-26 06:26

Hello there Oracle Miata. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I am sorry that the DJI Smart Controller is not yet compatible with the DJI Mavic Air 2, our DJI engineers are still working on it. In addition, DJI Mavic Air 2 will be compatible with the Smart Controller through a future firmware update. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest update by visiting out official website at www.dji.com for more details. Thank you.
2020-6-29
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

raven swe Posted at 6-25 12:04
what I use for a brighter screen

https://www.thorsdroneworld.com/product-page/lifthor-sc-pro-feelworld-7-combo

I have the same setup except with ma7u and I used it all last summer.  but this year, I decided to retire the combo and move the 2200nit screen elsewhere (not quite sure where it will end up).  sure it's brighter than scm but I got tired of the additional weight.  and I'm kinda disappointed the screens are identical; would have been perfect to have 2 different screens.  so I pulled it off and the scm alone is so much lighter and I can still see it in sunlight.  in the meantime, ma7u is looking for a home probably on my autel evo or maybe I mount it on a tripod.
2020-7-2
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

I put the screen to other uses as well mostly on my Nikon camera
2020-7-3
Use props
Barney2k
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The stock in the UK seems a bit up and down.

Every time I think I've made the decision and I'm going to get one they go out of stock.

Worth selling the Mavic 2 Pro and getting the combo with the smart remote instead? - https://www.heliguy.com/dji-c610/mavic-2-c942
2020-7-3
Use props
ronrob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7359 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-29 00:43
Hello there Oracle Miata. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I am sorry that the DJI Smart Controller is not yet compatible with the DJI Mavic Air 2, our DJI engineers are still working on it. In addition, DJI Mavic Air 2 will be compatible with the Smart Controller through a future firmware update. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest update by visiting out official website at www.dji.com for more details. Thank you.

I purchased my Mavic 2 Zoom bundled with my Smart Controller.  A large part of my decision was because DJI did say it would be compatible with some future models.  The moment I saw the Air2 I wanted one but have been waiting for that compatibility.  I relly hope that when the firmware update is released DJI shows some respect for there customers and offers the Air2 as a stand alone product, sold without the standard controller for those of us who invested in the Smart Controller already.
2020-7-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ronrob Posted at 7-3 06:46
I purchased my Mavic 2 Zoom bundled with my Smart Controller.  A large part of my decision was because DJI did say it would be compatible with some future models.  The moment I saw the Air2 I wanted one but have been waiting for that compatibility.  I relly hope that when the firmware update is released DJI shows some respect for there customers and offers the Air2 as a stand alone product, sold without the standard controller for those of us who invested in the Smart Controller already.

Hello there ronrob. Thank you for the information you have shared and for choosing DJI. Rest assured that DJI will continuously testing and updating the DJI Mavic Air 2 to add more compatibility features in the future. In addition I will cascade this information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Again thank you for your support and for your understanding.
2020-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules