Help with MA2 Corrupt Video Files
417 3 2020-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
15PSI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13694 ft
United States

Hello, I am having an issue with my new MA2. No matter if I format the SD card on the drone through DJI Fly or with my PC, I am having numerous corrupt video issues. I am an FAA Part 107 pilot. I have been flying drones for over 10 years. I have numerous drones, but have never had this issue before except with the MA2. This happens if I format in FAT 32 or exFAT, either with my PC or using DJI Fly's format. As I normally do, this SD card was formatted before the mission with DJI Fly. Yesterday I recorded a 25 minute video for a very important client. After returning home, I removed the SD card from the drone and attempted to read it from my PC as I normally do. The OS said the card was corrupt and needed formatting. My first thought is that the format between the DJI Fly format differed somewhat between what the PC was expecting. Of course I did not format it hoping to find a solution. I have tried different cards, all high speed quality V30 cards and the issue remains (Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes it does not). I decided to see if I could read the video files from the drone. By utilizing the DJI FLy app, the videos do appear on the SD card when installed in the drone. Since they were recorded in 4K/30, I could not download them to my camera (downloads limited to 1080). I then tried to download the videos from the MA2 to my PC. The PC responded by announcing the SD card in the MA2 needed formatting. The files are recorded using the H.265 protocol. I need to have access to these files in 4K format and as well, I need to understand why this MA2 is intermittently corrupting my files and refusing to communicate with my PC (a powerful Alienware). I have H.265 Codecs installed on the PC and as well they are native to Windows 10 so that is not the issue.  I have tried a variety of SD repair software packages that I have used successfully in the past, but each app indicates that there is zero data on the SD card and needs formatting (again, the video files are present on the SD card when installed in the MA2 and viewed with DJI Fly). Frustrating to say the least. Is this a bug in the DJI Fly app? A bug in the firmware for the drone? (it has the latest firmware...) Could it be that the H.265 Codec is the issue? I need these video files and I cannot find anyway to download them. Anyone have some solid suggestions? Thanks in advance!
2020-6-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Can you please try to check if all the drivers in the said computer is up to date, if issue still persists please try a different computer for us to be able isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-6-30
Use props
ET214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634505 ft
  • >>>
United States

This happened to me once on the original Mavic air. I forgot to end the video capture when I was done.
I found some free software to convert it, but i forget which it was. I just searched for the issue ( forgot to end video recording).I'm guessing you can't even see the files...
2020-6-30
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

What brand and model of card are you using? I have noticed that some Samsung cards don't work well in my Mini but are ok in the MA2. And of course there are the usual counterfeit issues with any of them.

Also, you should be able to copy out the files by just using the USB-to-USB-C cable that was provided connected to your pc. I do that all the time without removing the card. It just appears to the pc as a memory device. Edit: It appears you already tried that...

2020-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules