"Mission Radius Exceeds Acceptable Limits" Message
3380 2 2020-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jdzac
lvl.2

United States

Went to fly a 3D mission today on my P4-RTK, that was limited to 100 ft due to proximity to an airport.  (All LAANC and DJI Unlock authorizations were obtained, and no problems due to those).  But after I set up the mission, and went through the Invoke/Start pages and got to the "Execute" slider bar, it failed.  Since that slider is a pop-up, the main screen behind it is shaded.  Nonetheless, I was able to see a message behind the pop-up box (on the left of the flight screen) that said, "Mission radius exceeds acceptable limits".  So THAT didn't tell me much!  What limits, and what kind of radius?  I was more than a mile away from a red restricted zone; I was solidly in the blue authorization zone.  But it prevented me from taking off.  I asked my dealer, NOAR Technologies (whom I would highly recommend), and while Tyler hadn't seen that exact message, he had seen similar, and he mentioned that DJI has a limit of 100 turns of the drone on any mission.  I thought that would turn out to be the issue, as I thought my mission exceeded that number, but it turns out it had only 84 turns.  Have any of you experienced this problem and have insight on how to address it?
2020-6-25
Use props
Guille_Meinero
Second Officer

Argentina

Check your "distance limit" and "maximum altitude" under Aircraft Settings.....and ...i haven't heard anything about the "100 turns limit"
2020-6-25
Use props
jdzac
lvl.2

United States

You're exactly right, @Guille_Meinero.  Both had been reset to zero, unbeknownst to me.  I had been distracted by some the unique aspects of this mission that "must" have been the cause for this problem, when in fact the problem had nothing to do with those unique aspects. Thank you for the insight!
2020-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules