7157 6 2020-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MADagain
lvl.2
Flight distance : 448360 ft
Australia

Hi,

Just bought a Mavic Air 2, wanted to know if I'm able to charge the battery using a high powered battery bank via USB C??

CNN have posted that the "USB C port on the side is for  charging and sync" to the computer??

Is this true, or will there be an adaptor made at some point where I can charge the battery via USB C... I know the Mavic Mini is able to charge via USB, from the charging hub... It would be a shame to not be able to do the same with the Air 2?

Not sure how DJI expect you to charge in the field otherwise...
2020-6-25
Use props
MADagain
lvl.2
Australia

CNN article - https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/14/cnn-underscored/dji-mavic-air-2-review/index.html
2020-6-25
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

Fake News.
The Mavic Air 2 can't be charged via the USB port by a power bank or any other means, you have to use the supplied battery charger.
2020-6-25
Use props
jmshelley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 193970 ft
United Kingdom

You only really have two options - charge in a car, or buy more batteries.
2020-6-25
Use props
MADagain
lvl.2
Australia

jmshelley Posted at 6-25 13:19
You only really have two options - charge in a car, or buy more batteries.

That's relatively disappointing, thanks for the confirmation.
2020-6-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MADagain, Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have shared. MisterFrag is correct on post # 3 that you have to use the supplied battery charger fro you to be able to charge the intelligent flight battery of your DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you and fly safe always.

2020-6-26
Use props
MADagain
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-6-26 02:13
Hello there MADagain, Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have shared. MisterFrag is correct on post # 3 that you have to use the supplied battery charger fro you to be able to charge the intelligent flight battery of your DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you and fly safe always.

[view_image]

That's sad, I don't know much about LiPo batteries but it would make a world of difference if there was a way to charge via external batteries/powerbanks rather than relying on wall or car power.

I personally don't care how long it would take to charge, but portable options should be a place to invest time and resources as these things are meant to be flown on the go and there isn't always going to be a power outlet or a car nearby. So to assume that's the case or to "buy more batteries" is pretty anti-consumer! not trying to start a war... but it does annoy me quite a lot that I can't charge them on the go like the mini
2021-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules