DJI Fly App IOS Version 1.1.5 Glitches?
1186 14 2020-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Magicdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 101086 ft
United States

Hello to all you pilots. I installed the latest IOS version (1.1.5) of the DJI Fly app this morning (Thanks Apple) and then went out to try it out with the Mavic Air 2. Had two abnormalities that I noticed which I don't know if they are glitches or not: 1. Couldn't get the histogram to turn on (tried to activate it shortly after takeoff). Is it possible and normal that the histogram can only be turned on or off before takeoff?
2. Using my regular landing pad and Return To Home the drone came back perfectly above the take-off point but when it got about 5 feet from the ground it just hovered and I got a prompt that basically said that the landing area was unsuitable and to manually land the craft. I had no probem manually landing the drone onto the landing pad. I had the case which I store the drone and accessories in sitting probably 3 feet from the landing pad - maybe that is what caused the prompt. Thanks for taking the time to read this and any input is much appreciated.

2020-6-25
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

Had my first flight with iOS Fly 11?5
2020-6-25
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Had my first flights with iOS Fly 1.1.5 this evening. Histogram was working fine.  Didn’t do an auto landing, so can’t comment apart from I think you’re probably right about the location of your case
2020-6-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Didn't notice my histogram turning off during flight so I'll keep an eye on that.
Regarding your second point - it seems landing protection kicked in given your scenario: -

2020-6-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Didn't notice my histogram switching off/not being able to be turned on during flight.
Regarding your second point - sounds like landing protection:

2020-6-25
Use props
Magicdroner
lvl.4
United States

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 6-25 13:33
Had my first flights with iOS Fly 1.1.5 this evening. Histogram was working fine.  Didn’t do an auto landing, so can’t comment apart from I think you’re probably right about the location of your case

Hi. I guess my real question should be: Should you be able to turn the histogram on in mid-flight? Thanks again for the help.
2020-6-25
Use props
Magicdroner
lvl.4
United States

Magicdroner Posted at 6-25 15:57
Hi. I guess my real question should be: Should you be able to turn the histogram on in mid-flight? Thanks again for the help.

Hi. I finally got the histogram activated but it took a lot of tinkering. I took off my ND filter and after a few attempts I was finally able to get the switch to on for the histogram. I don't know if the ND filter should be off the gimbal when changing the camera settings but that is how it appears.
2020-6-25
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Magicdroner Posted at 6-25 15:57
Hi. I guess my real question should be: Should you be able to turn the histogram on in mid-flight? Thanks again for the help.

Ah, that I didn’t check.  I’ll try later
2020-6-25
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Magicdroner Posted at 6-25 17:37
Hi. i finally got the histogram activated but it took a lot of tinkering. I took off my ND filter and after a few attempts I was finally able to get the switch to on for the histogram. I don't know if the ND filter should be off the gimbal when changing the camera settings but that is how it appears.

That doesn't see logical that the ND filter needs to be off to select the histogram, however the histogram would be influenced by less light coming through the lens due to the ND filter and it's display would reflect this.

Can't see how less light would stop it from turning on.
2020-6-25
Use props
Magicdroner
lvl.4
United States

lannes Posted at 6-25 23:32
That doesn't see logical that the ND filter needs to be off to select the histogram, however the histogram would be influenced by less light coming through the lens due to the ND filter and it's display would reflect this.

Can't see how less light would stop it from turning on.

Hi. As posted earlier I did finally get the histogram turned on but I had a heck of a time doing it - seems like the slider button on/off switch in the app wasn't very responsive.
2020-6-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May we know the exact mobile device you are using please? In addition can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application to see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-6-30
Use props
Magicdroner
lvl.4
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-30 02:44
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May we know the exact mobile device you are using please? In addition can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI Fly application to see if the issue will still persist. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Hi. I am using an Apple Ipad Mini 5. Thanks for your help.
2020-6-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Magicdroner Posted at 6-30 06:32
Hi. I am using an Apple Ipad Mini 5. Thanks for your help.

Hi. Thank you for the additional information. Upon checking the iPad Mini 5 on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that it is not on the recommended mobile device list as of the moment. The said mobile device may work but since DJI has not yet tested the said device. We cannot guarantee the stability and compatibility during flight. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the said list in the near future.. For more details about the recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air 2. Kindly please refer to the posted image below. Again I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.

2020-7-1
Use props
ChriPop
lvl.1

United States

I am having a different issue with the latest iOS and most recent version of DJI Fly app...video editing is now impossible on my iPad Pro and iPad Mini.  It still works on my iPhone, but there are all kinds of issues on my iPads.  Anyone else seeing this?  
2020-7-1
Use props
ChriPop
lvl.1

United States

I am having a different issue with the latest iOS and most recent version of DJI Fly app...video editing is now impossible on my iPad Pro and iPad Mini.  It still works on my iPhone, but there are all kinds of issues on my iPads.  Anyone else seeing this?  
2020-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules