Phantom 3, camera swings left or right, won’t center?
1637 14 2020-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Billypaul
lvl.1
United States

Any suggestions on why it will only face left or right.
2020-6-25
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I would check the set screw.  
2020-6-26
Use props
Billypaul
lvl.1
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 6-26 06:16
I would check the set screw.

Screw is tight but camera and gimbal keeps rotating and moving. Then stops and faces to either side.
Wiring looks good and connected
2020-6-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Billypaul. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the camera of your DJI Phantom 3. Before this issue happened was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to the said drone? In addition are you able to post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to be able to see and help you further. Thank you.
2020-6-29
Use props
Billypaul
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-29 21:24
Hello there Billypaul. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with the camera of your DJI Phantom 3. Before this issue happened was there a hard landing or a crash that happened to the said drone? In addition are you able to post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to be able to see and help you further. Thank you.

Trying to upload short video but no luck so far,
2020-6-30
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Try to upload the video to youtube and set the link here via add link button.
2020-6-30
Use props
Billypaul
lvl.1
United States

Peterx Posted at 6-30 06:36
Try to upload the video to youtube and set the link here via add link button.

https://youtu.be/uENQN8K7hIA
2020-6-30
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I would suspect the flat ribbon cable, but would try a gimbal calibration first.
2020-6-30
Use props
Billypaul
lvl.1
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 6-30 12:26
I would suspect the flat ribbon cable, but would try a gimbal calibration first.

Thank you, I’ve tried the calibration but it didn’t do anything.
2020-6-30
Use props
Maviya Khan
New

India

calibrate the gimble
2020-6-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Billypaul Posted at 6-30 06:33
Trying to upload short video but no luck so far,

Hi there Billypaul. Thank you for the video that you have provided. After seeing the video it seems that there is a hardware issue on the said drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-7-1
Use props
Billypaul
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-1 00:10
Hi there Billypaul. Thank you for the video that you have provided. After seeing the video it seems that there is a hardware issue on the said drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.

Thank you so much for your help.
I will follow your advice and contact them.
At 71 I’m not a do it yourself guy.
I envy all the young folks on here growing up with such a mass of technology and the willingness to share. You all are greatly appreciated.
Again, thank you
2020-7-1
Use props
Billypaul
lvl.1
United States

Maviya Khan Posted at 6-30 21:56
calibrate the gimble

Tried but didn’t resolve, thank you for your help.
2020-7-1
Use props
nakedlunch02
New

United States

I am having a similar issue, but mine will eventually lock in a full tilt position to one side on both pitch and roll axis,and the app will also flash "gimbal overloaded" I eventually have to turn off the drone because the side motor will get extremely warm. Please update is anyone has a suggestion, or if this issue has been resolved. Thanks
2020-7-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Billypaul Posted at 7-1 05:00
Thank you so much for your help.
I will follow your advice and contact them.
At 71 I’m not a do it yourself guy.

Hi there Billypaul. You are very much welcome sir and it is my pleasure to assist you. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help and support you. .
2020-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules