Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Took Video, but now it's gone??? HELP
842 3 2020-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MAPilot
lvl.4
United States

On Sunday, I flew my Mavic Air, taking a video  (4k) for the first half of the flight, followed by a couple of  panoramas. All seemed normal - as the recording was running, I could see  the elapsed time counting on the Go4 display, so I assumed it was  recording.

I had some videos on that SD card that were shot earlier in June, in  addition to the 06/21/2020 videos. I did my usual copy of all the changed files on the SD  card to a folder on my PC for storage, and all seemed OK.

Yesterday, I got around to looking at the videos, all were there EXCEPT  for the ones from 06/21/2020! I thought maybe somehow they got recorded  to the internal storage on the MA, but I checked, and that was not the case.

I scanned the SD card and internal storage with Rescuva undelete  program, and there WERE deleted files on the SD card with sizes that I  was expecting, and the prognosis for recovery were Excellent. I restored  them all to a folder on my PC (nothing was written to the SD card since  the flight on 06/21/2020).

Unfortunately, none of those files were playable, except for a small jpg thumbnail.

Has anyone encountered a situation like this? I looked at the flight  record file with CSView, the camera data groups, and confirmed that  recording was going on for the first half of the flight, followed by the  panorama series. It would seem that the video file was correctly  closed, since the recording waFC2wuBECCGEEEIIIYQQQghlKwxOhBBCCCGEEEIIIYRQtsLgRAghhBBCCCGEEEIIZSsMToQQQgghhBBCCCGEULbC4EQIIYQQQgghhBBCCGUrDE6EEEIIIYQQQgghhFC2KhmcAAAAAAAAAAAAALlRGJw//OEPEUIIIYQQQgghhBBCKCthcCKEEEIIIYQQQgghhLIVBidCCCGEEEIIIYQQQihbYXAihBBCCCGEEEIIIYSyFQYnQgghhBBCCCGEEEIoWxUGJ4rXJz7xid7rgBBCCCGEEEIIIYQWo61bt7bWddddN/f+8Zrm1/8HkY7m4UNl/noAAAAASUVORK5CYII=[/img]

2020-6-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MAPilot. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different SD card on your DJI Mavic Air and take some footage to see if the issue will still persist? Just a reminder to always stop the video recording before tuning off the said DJI drone to void video corruption and to avoid and issues on the said drone in the future. Thank you.
2020-6-29
Use props
MAPilot
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-29 21:39
Hello there MAPilot. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different SD card on your DJI Mavic Air and take some footage to see if the issue will still persist? Just a reminder to always stop the video recording before tuning off the said DJI drone to void video corruption and to avoid and issues on the said drone in the future. Thank you.

I will have to buy another microSD card. I haven’t used the subject card (SanDisk Extreme Pro 64G) since the incident, to eliminate any chance of overwriting data - that video file is important to me. I have used this card exclusively in the MA, and it has two years of use, with no issues.

As I explained in my original post, I was recording video for the first half of the flight (a single mp4 file) before switching to taking panorama shots. I do not specifically remember manually stopping the recording before shooting the panorama. Since the camera can’t shoot stills while a video in progress, I assumed that starting a panorama shot would automatically stop the video recording in progress - is that correct?
2020-6-30
Use props
JasonWilli
lvl.2

India

Hi, if the recovered files will not play it's mean the video not fully recover, I would suggest you can try different tool which recover and repair video files easily. I recommend Stellar Photo Recovery Professional which easily recover deleted or lost videos, photos, audio files and also repair corurpt DJI video files with also given money back warranty. In case the file not recover. Thank you!
2020-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules