Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Box says range is 4km I only get 300meter in the best circumstances.
548 4 2020-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_TMVxYMvAICGG
lvl.1
Greece

i took the drone out today for the second time. I flew over the beach on a bay, pure nature, no buildings, no obstructions. I only get 300meters range. How is this possible? I even chose the best channel with the least green. I am truly disappointed if the box says 4km that I am not even getting 10% of that range!! 4km is a big lie.
this cannot be right to have this short range. Tell me what is going on. Also, since the update also get that motor speed error, even though I took it out for the 2nd time and all props are fine. Dissapointing!!
2020-6-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. Flight distance sometimes relates to the flight environment, you may try different flight environments to see if the issue persists or not. Check the position of the remote controller antennas. Distance should be greater than height during flight, and please make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft, you can refer to the tutorial below. Also, update your drone and RC to the consistency or latest version. Still, use a mobile device with a strong performance. I hope this can help you.

2020-6-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

For the "Motor Speed Error", kindly please try the below methods:
In order to protect the flight safety, we added the detection of abnormal motor speed in V1.0.5 firmware version.
If such problems occur during flight, it is recommended that you first check whether the propellers are damaged or deformed.
It is recommended that you replace the entire pair of propellers on the corresponding motor firstly. If there is a slight propellers deformation caused by improper storage, it is recommended that you smooth the corresponding propellers before attempting.
If the above operations do not work after multiple attempts, please send it back for further tests.
Additionally, for daily usage, please refer to the following image in order to appropriately fold the propellers.
2020-6-25
Use props
dimitrigr
lvl.1
Greece

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-25 19:40
Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties that you encountered. Flight distance sometimes relates to the flight environment, you may try different flight environments to see if the issue persists or not. Check the position of the remote controller antennas. Distance should be greater than height during flight, and please make sure the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft, you can refer to the tutorial below. Also, update your drone and RC to the consistency or latest version. Still, use a mobile device with a strong performance. I hope this can help you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

Hi, thanks for replying. I checked the video. I had my antennas as shown on the video, perpendicular to the aircraft, flying above water 20meters high, it can only do 300meters and loses signal. When I will go out again, I will try to make a screenrecording and upload.
2020-6-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

dimitrigr Posted at 6-26 01:51
Hi, thanks for replying. I checked the video. I had my antennas as shown on the video, perpendicular to the aircraft, flying above water 20meters high, it can only do 300meters and loses signal. When I will go out again, I will try to make a screenrecording and upload.

You're welcome. You also recommended changing flight environments to see if the issue persists or not. If it happens frequently, please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. Thanks.
2020-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules