Can't activate AIR UNIT
4143 5 2020-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Almazick
lvl.2

United States

I just received a replacement AIR UNIT from DJI.  When I try to activate the unit with DJI Assistant 2 (DJI FPV series) V2.0.2, I get an error message " Activation Failed Firmware Error" and there is a button to Reactivate again.  It took over 2 weeks to get the unit replaced and now I can't properly use it since I can't update to the latest firmware.  It did link up with DJI goggles and it does show the picture.   In goggles device information it shows blank under Camera Version.  Is it possible to activate it without sending the air unit back to DJI?
2020-6-25
Use props
Roman315
lvl.1
Flight distance : 246585 ft
Germany

Hi Almazick,

I have the same problem, got my Air Unit back from DJI and can´t activate, I got the same error message.

How did you manage to activate?

Thank you
2020-8-20
Use props
Almazickgmail.com
lvl.2

United States

Roman315 Posted at 8-20 02:29
Hi Almazick,

I have the same problem, got my Air Unit back from DJI and can´t activate, I got the same error message.

by sending the unit back to them
2020-8-20
Use props
Roman315
lvl.1
Flight distance : 246585 ft
Germany

That sucks, but thanks for the reply
2020-8-20
Use props
DG FPV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 272008 ft
United States

I have the same exact issue. Got the Air Unit back from repair but unable to update the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 V2.0.2.

When I got it back I installed and bound the googles and remote. It flew fine but didn't have the 50mbs option so I tried to update the firmware and got the "activation failed firmware error" message.

And when looking in the goggles there is no firmware version, just blank.

I was trying to see if there was a factory reset option but I could not find anything. Going to send it back in...
2020-8-29
Use props
Ruhr
lvl.2

Germany

Yes.. a friend of mine had the same problem too after the repair service. He send it back and they asked for the Account Login to activate it again correctly
2020-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules