Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Air drifting and spinning
1479 12 2020-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NitemareTrainer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11844 ft
United States

I have had my Mavic Air for almost 2 years and have not had a single problem with it.  However, recently when i fly it, I noticed that it starts drifting and even spinning a little on its own. I then have to hit the sticks to stop it.  Does anyone have any suggestions on a setting that needs to be changed.

Thanks for any help.
2020-6-25
Use props
USS ENTERPRISE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2063642 ft
South Korea

Does your drone move when you tilt the gimbal up and down?
2020-6-25
Use props
NitemareTrainer
Second Officer
United States

USS ENTERPRISE Posted at 6-25 19:15
Does your drone move when you tilt the gimbal up and down?

No, it happens when I am not touching anything.  I am not touching the sticks or the gimbal control and it will start a little spin or drift and then I have to use the sticks to bring it under control.
2020-6-25
Use props
DubSound
First Officer
Flight distance : 95459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NitemareTrainer Posted at 6-25 19:28
No, it happens when I am not touching anything.  I am not touching the sticks or the gimbal control and it will start a little spin or drift and then I have to use the sticks to bring it under control.

Sounds like an RC calibration could do the trick
2020-6-26
Use props
Maple2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 912185 ft
Canada

I am having a similar problem, and have tried basically every calibration, non have helped. Its very minor so I'm not to worried, but curious if anyone has a solution
Thanks
2020-6-26
Use props
DeafMacBoi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5787 ft

United States

Could be China trying to call your Mavic Air return to China mainland? I hope I am wrong
2020-6-26
Use props
NitemareTrainer
Second Officer
United States

DubSound Posted at 6-26 00:13
Sounds like an RC calibration could do the trick

Thanks a lot. I just calibrated the RC and did the trick.  it works great again
2020-6-26
Use props
NitemareTrainer
Second Officer
United States

Maple2 Posted at 6-26 14:22
I am having a similar problem, and have tried basically every calibration, non have helped. Its very minor so I'm not to worried, but curious if anyone has a solution
Thanks

I just calibrated the RC and it solved the problem
2020-6-26
Use props
Maple2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 912185 ft
Canada

NitemareTrainer Posted at 6-26 18:33
I just calibrated the RC and it solved the problem

Thanks, i had already tried that, but maybe i will try again
2020-6-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
Super Moderator

Hello there NitemareTrainer. I am sorry to read and to know that you are having issue with your DJI Mavic Air and It is good to know that after calibrating the remote controller of the said drone the issue was resolved. For reference I will post an official DJI tutorial video on how to calibrate the DJI Remote Controller. Thank you and fly safe always.

2020-6-29
Use props
heliaetus
Second Officer
Greece

Maple2 Posted at 6-26 14:22
Thanks

If it isn't the remote you may have issue with one of the motors:
a) do a meticulous visual inspection of the propellers/shafts/legs for dirt/hair/impairments (i.e leg alignment)
b) do an aural/visual inspection of motors while idling for audible/visible differences
c) try cleaning the motors with a strong vacuum
d) try replacing the propellers
2020-6-30
Use props
fans667a77d2
New
Sweden

Hi,

Another one with all the issues described above. I've also done all the calibrations possible several times. No progress. I have replaced propellers. Any other tricks?

It's still spinning...

Cheers
2021-3-14
Use props
Kane8
New

United States

I recently bought a pre owned but like new Ma2.  I first tested all functions (inside the house) and it was perfect. No drift. Then I performed all Dji updates on the drone and controller. The batteries did not need to be updated. Then tested it again. The drifting was pretty bad. I calibrated the controller and no help.
Then I ran the IMU calibration and that fixed the problem. Now its back to 100% perfect. No drift. The firmware update definatly knocked it out of calibration.
Just thought I would share my experience.
2021-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules