TFR update
992 10 2020-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_yFkB6lcQ04GK
lvl.2

United States

Does anyone know how often these are updated? I am in an area that had a TFR for wildfire aerial ops, which has been lifted. I am still getting an "authorization" warning and am unable to take off.  Thanks...

2020-6-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello there, sorry for the inconvenience caused, it is recommended to email to flysafe@dji.com with the specific location, our team will help check and update.
2020-6-26
Use props
THA-CERT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83737 ft

United States

DJI Mindy, you have a bug in your infrastructure. Please address it!

All other non-DJI apps that track TFRs are able to remove them in a timely manner when they are rescinded by the FAA. In DJI GO and Pilot, you don't!

This isn't about a specific location. But you can use any recent wildfire TFR as an example. Here's one https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/6793/

If you research this, you will find 2 old TFRs that DJI is still falsely identifying as NFZ.
2020-6-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

THA-CERT Posted at 6-29 11:54
DJI Mindy, you have a bug in your infrastructure. Please address it!

All other non-DJI apps that track TFRs are able to remove them in a timely manner when they are rescinded by the FAA. In DJI GO and Pilot, you don't!

Sorry for any inconvenience caused, you are recommended to contact flysafe@dji.com about the TFR, our team will help confirm whether it is able to be removed in a timely manner. Thank you.
2020-6-30
Use props
THA-CERT
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy, you are missing the point. This appears to be a systemic problem with DJI not removing TFRs. Not a single TFR issue!
2020-6-30
Use props
FlyLikeAnEagle
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-30 03:00
Sorry for any inconvenience caused, you are recommended to contact  about the TFR, our team will help confirm whether it is able to be removed in a timely manner. Thank you.

I went through the steps and was granted authorization nearly immediately, so thank you for that.

The question the other poster has is why the app doesn't automatically update the TFR when they are removed from the airspace. Other apps seems to be able to do this when the TFR is lifted.

I don't know if this is something that happens automatically or if someone has to go through the list and check each TFR status and then do the update.
2020-6-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

FlyLikeAnEagle Posted at 6-30 14:06
I went through the steps and was granted authorization nearly immediately, so thank you for that.

The question the other poster has is why the app doesn't automatically update the TFR when they are removed from the airspace. Other apps seems to be able to do this when the TFR is lifted.

Appreciate your feedback, this issue will be forwarded to the related team for attention, we will keep improving our APP and the GEO.
2020-7-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

THA-CERT Posted at 6-30 12:03
DJI Mindy, you are missing the point. This appears to be a systemic problem with DJI not removing TFRs. Not a single TFR issue!

Sorry for the late response and the misunderstanding of your previous posts, our team has realized this issue and will update our system in a timely manner, we apologize for the inconvenience caused. Should you have any further concerns, please feel free to let us know.
2020-7-4
Use props
THA-CERT
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy
> Flight distance : 7 ft
Isn't that the definition of an armchair quarterback?!?

Good to hear you are admitting to this bug. When might you fix it?
2020-7-5
Use props
FlyLikeAnEagle
lvl.2

United States

THA-CERT Posted at 7-5 17:56
DJI Mindy

Your "armchair quarterback" comment  likely missed the mark and is lost on Mindy.

And it doesn't really apply.

And it certainly wouldn't make me want to do anything to help out.

They have a lot going on. Perhaps the solution is easy, perhaps it is not. Perhaps there are other more pressing issues to be addressed. I would cut them a little slack, because there is a solution which only requires a little work on our part at this time.
2020-7-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

THA-CERT Posted at 7-5 17:56
DJI Mindy

I didn't fly with this account too much because it is a working account. The issue will be kept optimizing.
If it happens again by any accident, you could unlock it via the APP or the computer, if the unlocking fails, please email to flysafe@dji.com, our team will get it solved promptly. Thank you very much to DJI.
2020-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules