Has Anyone dared try the emergency stop in flight?
14757 50 2020-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
heliaetus
lvl.4
Greece

I think the new firmware allows CSC only if it detects an anomaly, I never used it and its use under normal conditions is dangerous and irresponsible
2020-7-7
Use props
Gregory.Opera
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151122 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 7-4 17:02
That sounds constructive. You need to remove your foot from your mouth.  LMFAO........

I'm not the one sitting here having a go at everyone... Seriously dude, stop trolling.
2020-7-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Gregory.Opera Posted at 7-9 01:21
I'm not the one sitting here having a go at everyone... Seriously dude, stop trolling.

I’m not having a go at anyone, that was left to you, I’ve explained exactly what will happen , you on the other hand offered nothing.
2020-7-9
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A couple of days ago in ''emergency only'' response mode and sport flight mode I did a 12-13 sec CSC position from 75ft down to an indicated -2ft and the motors didn't stop. From my perspective the fall actually slowed down as it approached the ground so I am assuming the VPS  system kicked in, I released the sticks at maybe 2 to 3 ft off the ground and the fall was halted at about 1ft above the ground. I haven't looked at the flight logs yet.  

FOR CLARITY

Do not try this as an experiment, I am/was prepared to lose/crash the drone but didn't think I would and was correct but, again, do not try this as an experiment.
2020-7-11
Use props
Denndb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914688 ft
Croatia

Hello,

I have DJI Mini2 and if I choose "Emergency only" option for motors emergency shut down, please can someone explain in which concrete situations will that "emergency only" scenario be activated?

For instance - if some motor fails (stops spinning) and the drone starts to act uncontrollable - would that be an "emergency only" activation scenario?
2021-5-26
Use props
FriedChicken_II
lvl.4
Flight distance : 721555 ft

Japan

Denndb Posted at 5-26 00:50
Hello,

I have DJI Mini2 and if I choose "Emergency only" option for motors emergency shut down, please can someone explain in which concrete situations will that "emergency only" scenario be activated?

emergency only is judged by the drone's firmware. when it detects a collision, or the atti angle is too large, then you can use the CSC to stop motors.
2021-8-22
Use props
djiuser_iS37wQ6U9WP8
New

United Kingdom

FriedChicken_II Posted at 2021-8-22 00:22
emergency only is judged by the drone's firmware. when it detects a collision, or the atti angle is too large, then you can use the CSC to stop motors.

Hi, is this mean that If while flying the drone I decide to navigate the drone in a direction where the thumb sticks are the "emergency stop" the drone will not stop if everything is ok? I`m new with DJI Mini 2 SE and I got confused when and how the emergency stop is working.
2023-5-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you read the thread?
If the option is set to "Emergency only " the CSC position WILL NOT normally stop the motors with the drone in mid air, the drone will descend in a controlled helix until the joysticks are released and then the drone will hover.
If however you set the option to "Always" the CSC position WILL stop the drones motors after the CSC has been held for somewhat more than 1.5 seconds which is too short a delay to be safe, so your only safe option is to fly with the option set to "Emergency Only".
2023-5-13
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_iS37wQ6U9WP8 Posted at 5-13 12:47
Hi, is this mean that If while flying the drone I decide to navigate the drone in a direction where the thumb sticks are the "emergency stop" the drone will not stop if everything is ok? I`m new with DJI Mini 2 SE and I got confused when and how the emergency stop is working.

There really is no need to put the sticks into that position though, not during flight anyway unless you intend to shut off the motors.

The only time, other than on purpose this would happen is if you were literally being silly with the RC sticks, so don't be silly with the sticks as it achieves nothing with flight cause it will not do any stunts.
2023-5-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 5-13 17:35
There really is no need to put the sticks into that position though, not during flight anyway unless you intend to shut off the motors.

The only time, other than on purpose this would happen is if you were literally being silly with the RC sticks, so don't be silly with the sticks as it achieves nothing with flight cause it will not do any stunts.

Bashy, this might interest you
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=290600
Title =  "Qu for DJI, unwanted extreme climbs & "Anytime" CSC ? "
In the Mini 3 pro forum.
2023-5-22
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 5-22 05:47