1169 6 2020-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nullx8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 383635 ft
Thailand

i have some issue with the Mini

it happened twice now already that the aircraft Yaw Right and left when i turn the camera wheel to move the gimbal up/down)

does anyone has a similar issue and know how to fix this .. since this is pretty scary as i do not know what else may be affected by this.

thanks

2020-6-26
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

Not for me.

Is it possible that when you move the wheel, that you are subtly moving the left stick?
2020-6-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there nullx8. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Mini using this link ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ) and please try to re calibrate the remote controller as well to see if the issue will still persist. Thank you.
2020-6-29
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Thailand

hello and thanks for the tipp, i made the update/refresh and the controller calibration.
the issue with the gimbal wheel is gone, but now (in the last 2 flights i notice that the mini moves forward and to the right and some times backwards and to the left.
like i use the stick to move in this directions, i checked the log, the drone does not register i pan to the left while moving forward, but it clearly does moving diagonal.

is there a way to diagnose that ?

in the first time i thought this is maybe because of bad satellite coverage, but just now it happened in mid air with zero obstractals (18 satellites)
every time i pushed forward it also moves to the left. i made sure i did not push the stick to the left, i even try to center it by moving it to front right, the drone still moves unexpected.

no wind either (just saying)
2020-7-17
Use props
nullx8
lvl.3
Thailand

since the calibration this issue is moreless gone, however the drone massively steers to the left many times now.

the track records that the input is full forward and full right ... i started a new thread here in the forum about this, but I am starting to suspect that this issues are  related

2020-8-1
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10802589 ft
Bulgaria

nullx8 Posted at 8-1 03:23
since the calibration this issue is moreless gone, however the drone massively steers to the left many times now.

the track records that the input is full forward and full right ... i started a new thread here in the forum about this, but I am starting to suspect that this issues are  related

Hello there. I have the same problem with my Mini hey! I fly around and all is good. Then all of the sudden the drone turns/yaws left or right! When it does that yaw turn all by itself I then notice that if I don't touch any other controls but the gimbal wheel, then the Mini controls the camera panning up or down correctly but it also mixes a yaw / turning effect on the drone!

So after I notice it do its lil yaw/ turn all alone, I then only use the gimbal wheel and its like the gimbal wheel controls 2 functions, the camera panning and the drone yawing / turning!

I did refresh the drone's firmware and calibrated the controller, the IMU and the compass. I even re-linked the craft to the controller. This all seemed to fix the problem for abut 3 weeks or a month let say.

Yesterday while I was doing an indoors flight I noticed that it started doing this again!

Now I've already refreshed the firmware, gonna calibrate the control and everything else and see if the  issue will go away.

I must admin it is pretty scary when the Mini is like 1km away and it happens.. lol

please DJI - figure this out for us, I mean I already have the MIni 2 Fly More Combo sitting under my Christmas tree - I really hope there are no such problems with it!

Sweet

2020-11-16
Use props
djiuser_hltPuxbmdasm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10802589 ft
Bulgaria

Just recalibrated everything and the problem still persists! I actually just had a flight and for sure SOMETIMES when I use the gimbal wheel to pan camera up or down the drone would taw/turn right or left respectively!
DJI please suggest what to do, as I really wanna fly my Mini all normally, without the Gimbal wheel controlling the drone's turning.

please DJI help me, us...

2020-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules