684 3 2020-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roysmithdsc-lt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112858 ft
United Kingdom

Can anyone answer these 3 simple questions:

A. does the drone need to be in flight for Airsense to operate?

B. What is the receiver distance, i.e. how close will another aircraft get before Airsense should detect it.

C. Is there any way I can check it is working or does this happen in assistant 2 for matrice200v2?

Thanks in anticipation
2020-6-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Airsense hasn't officially launched outside the USA,  so you probably don't have the hardware in your drone to support it.
2020-6-29
Use props
roysmithdsc-lt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112858 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 6-29 01:46
Airsense hasn't officially launched outside the USA,  so you probably don't have the hardware in your drone to support it.

Hi Captain,  Yes the M200v2 already has it installed in UK drones, and we have been operating it since Nov 2019.   Problem I have is the drone went back to DJI Europe (Holland) for a small repair and waterproof upgrade and then on return, the airsense has not detected aircraft.  

As part of our preflight checks, we must ensure all systems are operative before we put it back to commercial operation, but as flights are limited due to C-19, air traffic has been limited in our area. So its about finding a point whereby we can get the Drone close enough to an operating airfield to test on the ground. Hence our questions about range distance etc.
Many thanks for your reply though.
Best regards
Roy  
2020-6-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

roysmithdsc-lt Posted at 6-29 03:17
Hi Captain,  Yes the M200v2 already has it installed in UK drones, and we have been operating it since Nov 2019.   Problem I have is the drone went back to DJI Europe (Holland) for a small repair and waterproof upgrade and then on return, the airsense has not detected aircraft.  

As part of our preflight checks, we must ensure all systems are operative before we put it back to commercial operation, but as flights are limited due to C-19, air traffic has been limited in our area. So its about finding a point whereby we can get the Drone close enough to an operating airfield to test on the ground. Hence our questions about range distance etc.

Apologies,  ignore me I was referring to MA2.
2020-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules