Phantom 3 Advanced, failed v1.2.7 firmware update. (video inside)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tman67234
New
Flight distance : 13789 ft
United States

Just got my Phantom 3 Advanced recently and have been loving it. Everything was fine and I got about 35min of flight time total. Was having some small glitches with my video stream and thats when I realized my DJI Pilot app was out of date!

I updated my android DJI Pilot app to 1.2.0 from 1.1.x, and it then complained my firmware was out of date. Went to update the firmware to v1.2.7 using the instructions on the DJI website, and after watching some youtube videos (for confidence. ha). Everything seemed to be going smooth, until it started making this awful noise:

It started doing that after ~10 min into upgrade.

I contact DJI chat support immediatly. They told me to wait it out to the full 25min. We waited till about 30min in and they said to shut it down and pull the txt and log files, which I have attached. You can see that there is a failure.

They told me to remove all the dropped files and leave only the bin file, and then try again. Which I proceeded to do. Same exact results as before. They then told me they can't help me and that I have to contact the North America DJI office in LA. So thats my next step...

In the meantime, anyone else had this happen to them?!?

I'm really bummed to see my Phantom out of commission, like I said, I've barely flown it. I'm fearing the worst, which is it having to have it go back to DJI. I really hope I don't get charged for this. because I followed their instructions to the T.

2015-6-17
Use props
salota8550 This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-17
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

I would do it again with different sd card but please not on this carpet, the gimbal is nearly touching it
2015-6-17
Use props
mafisher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28009 ft
South Africa

? The noise appears to be the gimbal motors on the camera

Daninho Posted at 2015-6-18 12:59
I would do it again with different sd card but please not on this carpet, the gimbal is nearly touch ...

I have the Professional and having the same problem, started fine and went from beeping to making a shrieking noise v 1.2.6, tried another card, reformatted fat32 no avail.All my previous upgrades were perfect now what
2015-6-18
Use props
Trilithon
lvl.2

United States

Mine did the same.

I reformatted another SD card and copied only the .bin file to it. I powered the P3A back up and let if BEEP for 10-15 minutes and then it went to the usual di-di-di-di and then after another 10-15 minutes went to di----di-di signalling it was complete.

A test flight seemed to confirm it was back to operational.
2015-6-18
Use props
tman67234
New
United States

Hmmm. I'll try a different SD card tonight. Also, some new firmware came out! So I can give that a try too! Hopefully one of the two will work. Thanks for the suggestions everybody!
2015-6-18
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

reformat your card or try another make sure you have gimbal clamp removed
2015-6-18
Use props
tman67234
New
United States

I reformatted a different SD card and tried to upgrade to v1.2.8. The upgrade was a success! The DJI Pilot app shows all firmware update as well!

Thanks for the help everyone!
2015-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules