IT'S BROKE ! - Just a Suggestion ...
914 3 2020-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

IMHO, this forums is not "tech support"; it's a group of likeminded people, sharing projects, insights, and topics, concerning the Osmo Pocket. That said, many come to this forum because of problems they are having with their devices. That's where insights can come in. Unfortunately, many of the  enquiries equate to little more than "It's broke; tell me how to fix it!"

The "Osmo Pocket unable to connect to IPHONE" thread is a good example. It's been over 10 months since the release of the infamous faulty firmware update. It is very unlikely that any current connection problems are related to this fiasco. But, it seems that when people with iPhones can't connect, they spot the topic, read a couple pages, then join the herd.

Whatever the problem, one needs to offer more information. It would help to offer your phone model, the Pocket's current firmware, and any other techincal information.

What is the specific problem? Has it worked fine in the past? How long has this been (not)happening? Have you upgraded any softwares? What have you tried, if anything, to resolve the problem? Any other insights?

The more information given makes it easier to discern the actual problem and possible fixes.

Much of the time, finding the problem results from eliminating what the problem isn't ...

2020-6-26
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I agree, it's a user forum but unusually moderators are DJI staff.
They can 'upchain' requests for answers better than we can but that is no guarantee of a satisfactory reply or any reply at all from the developers. What this forum does do is find out what went wrong with the initial development of the Pocket and where possible fix code which they did in the early days. I think they have fixed what they can on this device and would be surprised if there were any further updates.
2020-6-27
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Beyond expressing their concern, forwarding it to engineering, I don't believe the Mods are truly involved. I don't recall any real insights being shared by any of them.

My guess is that any improvements or fixes have come out their own testing and the consumers that they work with.

In the case of the "I can't connect" syndrome, there is nothing for the engineers to fix. Trouble shooting, on one's own behalf, is the answer.

I, too, believe we have seen the last of the updates to the current Pocket's functionality. Any fantasies that might be fulfilled may come in a possible future model.

2020-6-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for sharing your personal insights about this matter. This will greatly help our valued DJI members when creating a troubleshooting post. Thank you.
2020-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules