Steps taken by DJI to expedite the repair process
1658 12 2015-6-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rbaaij
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73871 ft
United States

I received today an email from the DJI Repair Team with the following text: As a onetime courtesy to expedite the repair process your craft has been replaced with a new unit. Your unit has been shipped via: FedEx

With this action DJI shows they are very serious about improving their repair time.

Total repair time from the moment it was delivered to DJI and delivery of the new unit to my door is 7 weeks and 1 day. Not nearly as bad as seen in other threads on this site.  

2015-6-17
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

What happened to your first unit?
2015-6-17
Use props
rbaaij
lvl.4
United States

InspirelessAggi Posted at 2015-6-18 11:43
What happened to your first unit?

Fell from the sky without apparent reason
2015-6-17
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

Was that the one on video with inverted flight?
2015-6-17
Use props
rbaaij
lvl.4
United States

InspirelessAggi Posted at 2015-6-18 11:50
Was that the one on video with inverted flight?

No,
See my thread from 04/25
2015-6-17
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

Ah, complete electrical failure.   glad  your back up in the air soon.
2015-6-17
Use props
hover3
lvl.1
United States

I beg to differ on the "expedite" thing. It took them 3 weeks after receiving my gimbal to check it in. I'm guessing it will be every bit of 6 weeks before it's repaired.   
2015-6-21
Use props
Overmind
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

Look, really happy you got a new unit, but I'd hardly call 7 weeks 'not nearly as bad'.
2015-6-22
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

That is very good news .For some . I have read about this twice recently . While it is a good business practice in one respect , it brings to mind one question.
Do they have enough new units to give to all of the customers with defective product? I personally do not believe so.

Knowing what I have learned about this(Give Nothing Away Company), that new bird gesture tells me that the repair facility and staff are not going so well . If that is the case , there may be a lot of other inspire  owners upset with this company yet again.I say that because this company does not have enough new birds for everyone who's bird is in repair que.
We just might see round two of angry customers in the near future . On top of the already angry ones.

rbajj- No intent of harshing the buzz of the new bird....Congrats!
It does seem as though some voices are getting through . That is very encouraging
I just hope that it is not too little too late.
2015-6-22
Use props
jhannon66
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9013415 ft
United States

My camera went out so I sent it to DJI for repair.  They received it May 20 and I received it back repaired and working good on June 19.  That was quicker than they told me it would be.  

In the meantime I bought another camera to use.  Anyone wanna buy an Inspire camera in excellent condition?  ~$520 with free shipping.
2015-6-22
Use props
hover3
lvl.1
United States

jhannon66@gmail Posted at 2015-6-23 14:01
My camera went out so I sent it to DJI for repair.  They received it May 20 and I received it back r ...

Still have the camera?
2015-6-23
Use props
jhannon66
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9013415 ft
United States

hover3 Posted at 2015-6-24 10:02
Still have the camera?

I do still have it.  I put it up on eBay.  
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Inspire-1-Zenmuse-X3-Gimbal-and-Camera-/331589677385?&autorefresh=true
2015-6-25
Use props
cziakas
lvl.3

United States

I received the same response two days ago. My Inspire will be arriving next week,a total of 5 weeks in the California facility. And free!!

I ran my bird into a tree @129ft in the air. It was like a sound out of a horror movie, I went white.  One of the short carbon fiber arms broke.  

Tahoe_Ed said they are moving to a new facility in July. DJI could be clearing out the backlog before the move. Or as you said, improving customer service.   

2015-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules