Point of a memory card
635 3 2020-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lozzaw
New

United Kingdom

Hi. OK complete newbie question here. Have successfully created some videos and uploaded them to photos so all is working well. But i also purchased a memory card which i have not used. My question is what is the purpose of the memory card, what would it give me that I otherwise won't get? Thanks!
2020-6-27
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you talking about what would a memory card give you other than the internal storage on the drone. A couple things.

1. Larger memory cards allow you to store more footage during your filming. Maybe you're filming an event and you don't have time to fully connect your drone back to your laptop or computer to unload the footage. A 64GB memory card will allow you get a lot of footage.

2. You can get faster memory cards that allow you film at the highest quality without loss of quality .

3. By having a separate memory card if your drone fails for some reason and crashes its possible that internal memory storage could be damaged but the removable memory chip will have a better chance of surviving so at least your footage isn't lost as well.

There might be other thoughts on this subject but this is just my 2 cents. Good luck and happy flying.
2020-6-29
Use props
lozzaw
New

United Kingdom

HurleyBird Productions Posted at 6-29 07:40
If you talking about what would a memory card give you other than the internal storage on the drone. A couple things.

1. Larger memory cards allow you to store more footage during your filming. Maybe you're filming an event and you don't have time to fully connect your drone back to your laptop or computer to unload the footage. A 64GB memory card will allow you get a lot of footage.

Hi. That is helpful thanks and does make sense. But at the moment the film is being stored directly on the phone isn't it? And then gets backup automatically to Google Images in my case. Or is that not right?
2020-6-29
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

lozzaw Posted at 6-29 07:57
Hi. That is helpful thanks and does make sense. But at the moment the film is being stored directly on the phone isn't it? And then gets backup automatically to Google Images in my case. Or is that not right?

The video on your phone is a cached version of what your filming and not a hi-res video.
2020-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules