Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
shooting stills on Mavic II Pro near high powerlines
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8f84298b
lvl.1

United States

Hey Everyone,

I am a newbie with a personal project important to me that involves shooting stills with a Mavic 2 Pro near high tension wires. I am aware the detection cameras cannot see the wires and I can avoid them. My question is what are my risks flying near the steel towers that support the lines? I read that I could lose gps and maybe compass orientation. If I am near the drone and in line of sight flying manually in tripod mode, will this be a problem?

thanks,  

Lane Barden

6-27 12:53
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 933993 ft
United Kingdom

I use to walk under some of those wires and I always lost phone coverage,  then recently I learnt about the EMF effect can actually light a neon tube. So I'd keep some distance personally and certainly wouldn't cross them.   Check this out for an example of the EMF effect -
6-29 01:52
Use props
Pilot Pete
lvl.1

United States

In addition to electromagnetic interference, check federal and local laws regarding UAS operation near critical infrastructure facilities.  Certain violations carry criminal penalties.
7-10 11:12
Use props
fans8f84298b
lvl.1

United States

Pilot Pete Posted at 7-10 11:12
In addition to electromagnetic interference, check federal and local laws regarding UAS operation near critical infrastructure facilities.  Certain violations carry criminal penalties.

Thanks Pete, I checked California state and local laws and didn't find anything about infrastructure. BTW, my drone shot all out of focus stills this morning and I don't know why. Can you tell me in general, how is the best way to get support on tech problems and troubleshooting?
yesterday 14:40
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules