Phantom 3 Pro Twitch
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
knotflyn
New

Cayman Islands

Ok,

So this started for no apparent reason. Gimbal, IMU re-calibrated. All firmware is up to date. It's not the wind as it does the same thing on the ground before flight. Any thoughts?? Thanks in advanced. Please let me know if the link does not work
https://www.dropbox.com/s/148sneqf1ohk80m/Twitch.MOV?dl=0
2020-6-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I hope you're not using an aftermarket filter, right?  
2020-6-29
Use props
knotflyn
New

Cayman Islands

Mark The Droner Posted at 6-29 03:49
I hope you're not using an aftermarket filter, right?

No I am not
2020-6-29
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I had the same problem intermittently about six months ago.  Sometimes there was no twitch, sometimes it would fix itself after a minute or two, but then it got worse.  Then I stopped using the aftermarket filter, said a little prayer, and it's been working perfectly ever since.  
2020-6-29
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Have you checked the four rubber dampeners at the corners of the gimbal platform?  Make sure they are properly fitted into their respective holes, and that they are not split or damaged.  Also, you should only have TWO anti-drop pins fitted, on diagonal corners.  Any more than that makes the gimbal platform too rigid and it shows up vibrations.  To me it looks like the camera platform isn't supported evenly, suggesting a damaged dampener.  With the motors off and on the ground, the image should be stable, indicating it isn't a gimbal stabilizer fault, but an unsupported shake through the airframe.
2020-6-29
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

endotherm Posted at 6-29 16:53
Have you checked the four rubber dampeners at the corners of the gimbal platform?  Make sure they are properly fitted into their respective holes, and that they are not split or damaged.  Also, you should only have TWO anti-drop pins fitted, on diagonal corners.  Any more than that makes the gimbal platform too rigid and it shows up vibrations.  To me it looks like the camera platform isn't supported evenly, suggesting a damaged dampener.  With the motors off and on the ground, the image should be stable, indicating it isn't a gimbal stabilizer fault, but an unsupported shake through the airframe.

As endotherm says, have you only got TWO opposite pins in and is the picture stable when on the  ground with no motors running? If it is, start the motors and see if the image stays stable. If it gets unstable, could be a balance problem.
2020-6-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there knotflyn. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Phantom 3 Pro. May we know if the said drone had a hard landing or a crash before this issue happened? Thank you.
2020-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules