1364 3 2020-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I plug this quad into a battery it does the usual cadence of DJI beeps.

Then the quad immediately it starts this beeping over and over again.

It not a 'low battery' signal...battery is full.

This is just booting up the quad...not the remote or goggles...just the quad by itself.

2020-6-27
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Do you have a lost drone beeper? Is it being triggered?
2020-6-27
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

mc54 Posted at 6-27 20:55
Do you have a lost drone beeper? Is it being triggered?

This situation happens when I plug the battery into the quad.

If I start the remote control, once it engages the beeping stops.

I do this when I want to go into BetaFlight and configure something and need the quad connected to a battery to be able to make changes...save/reboot, etc.

Anyone else having a similar experience?

2020-6-27
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

geoffz Posted at 6-27 21:04
This situation happens when I plug the battery into the quad.

If I start the remote control, once it engages the beeping stops.

Most flight controllers will trigger the beep from the remote if you turn off the remote while the quad is plugged in, but this is probably not your issue. Most likely, you have an aux channel set for the beeper in Betaflight. When you plug in, the channel will default to the middle switch position. If this is where the beeper is triggered, it will go off until you turn on the remote with the switch to the beeper off position. If this is what is causing the problem, you can fix it by going to the failsafe page and changing the beeper channel failsafe from hold to set 1000 or whatever is out of the switches on range. You will need to enable advanced mode to see the failsafe page. You can do this with other aux channels, but I would be careful about what you use sat instead of hold on. I use set on the beeper aux channel and the turtle mode channel. I have prearm set to the same aux channel as the beeper so the quad beeps to indicate it can now be armed with the arm switch. It also reminds me to turn off pre-arm once the quad is armed. The third switch position turns the beeper off and enables GPS rescue on quads that I have installed a GPS on.
2020-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules