Robomaster S1 with EP SDK: Ball Tracking Demo.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BGA
Second Officer
United States

Now it is even more frustrating to me that DJI is not making the SDK available for the S1 as it is pretty obvious the possibilities are greatly increased by the SDK. For one thing, the performance of object tracking with a computer is orders of magnitude superior to what the robot itself can provide.

Because of this, I am considering the best way to make the SDK hack available to everybody. The minute I dod that it is very likelly DJI will simply patch everything up so this specific hack can not be done again so whoever uses it will probably be unable to upgrade the firmware. But with the hack we can actually improve the SDK even without DJI's help so it might be worth it.

Anyway, for now, check this:

2020-6-27
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

In any case, code is available here:

https://github.com/brunoga/robomaster

It works on a hacked S1 with SDK support or on an EP.

As almost everything that I do, this is work in progress.
2020-6-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cool video!
2020-6-29
Use props
JohnnyRobotic
lvl.3
United States

Thank you for all of your contributions, BGA. Hopefully DJI will let the community have this hack and not intentionally break it with a firmware update.
2020-6-30
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very cool vid
2020-7-4
Use props
WurstCase
lvl.2

Austria

Guess you decided to not release it ?
2020-7-28
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

I have not decided anything. Currently my attention switched to something else. Eventually I will get back to Robomaster.
2020-7-31
Use props
WurstCase
lvl.2

Austria

BGA Posted at 7-31 09:57
I have not decided anything. Currently my attention switched to something else. Eventually I will get back to Robomaster.

Ok, well I figured it out in the meantime how to do it. Its not that hard and if you are not going to release it I would do it for the community. I respect the effort you put into this project and your SDK, thats why I'm asking. I don't want to take credits for something you discovered first.
2020-7-31
Use props
BGA
Second Officer
United States

WurstCase Posted at 7-31 12:35
Ok, well I figured it out in the meantime how to do it. Its not that hard and if you are not going to release it I would do it for the community. I respect the effort you put into this project and your SDK, thats why I'm asking. I don't want to take credits for something you discovered first.

Don't worry about me. I did not come up with this by myself either (not alone, I mean, other people helped) so I am fine either way. But do keep 2 things in mind.

1 - As soon as you release it, DJI will plug the hole possibly preventing you and everybody else that wants to use it from being able to upgrade to newer firmwares.
2 - I am not sure how nicely DJI answers to disclosures like this. Be prepared to receive a cease-and-desist letter at the very least.
2020-7-31
Use props
si3n4
lvl.2
Canada

WurstCase Posted at 7-31 12:35

Cannot wait to see your new post!
2020-8-2
Use props
WurstCase
lvl.2

Austria

BGA Posted at 7-31 12:53
Don't worry about me. I did not come up with this by myself either (not alone, I mean, other people helped) so I am fine either way. But do keep 2 things in mind.

1 - As soon as you release it, DJI will plug the hole possibly preventing you and everybody else that wants to use it from being able to upgrade to newer firmwares.

Yeah those are some valid points. Although I'm only really concerned about sharing the EP files somewhere. Still not sure how to pull this off. I don't think the process itself would get anyone into trouble.
2020-8-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool video.
2020-8-8
Use props
usg1024
New