How do you get flight info off of video
8209 5 2020-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_NGcqXoXAuxDp
lvl.1

United States

Hello every one. I wanted to see the video  I shot on my tv so I put the sd card in my computer downloaded the file to the computer. Then I transfered it to a memory stick but when it plays on the tv it shows flight information Height of drone distance speed gps coardance etc how can I get this info off my video thanks
2020-6-27
Use props
Phantom Master
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1554892 ft
  • >>>
United States

When you download the MP4 or MOV files from your drone's SD card and transfer it to your computer, most video player applications (including the one build into Windows 7/10), it doesn't display the flight information on the video itself.  The files DO contain metadata which can be viewed by examining the file information, which is usually accessible through a menu option on your video player software.  It sounds to me like the issue is due to the settings on your television.  From your description, it sounds as if the television is showing the metadata from your video file on an overlay generated by your television.  Have you tried viewing the video directly on your computer using the built in Windows Media Player?  I highly recommend viewing the video files on your computer to see if the flight data is being displayed, and if it's not (and I don't think it will be) then your television's built in media player is set to display metadata on  a video overlay.  Without seeing exactly what is occurring on your computer vs the television, I can only make a guess as to exactly why this is occurring.  It' s always best to troubleshoot these types of issues through the process of elimination.  Simply view the video on your computer.  If the flight information is not displayed in the video window when you're watching it on your computer, it's almost definitely an issue with your television.  
2020-6-30
Use props
djiuser_NGcqXoXAuxDp
lvl.1

United States

Phantom Master Posted at 6-30 10:53
When you download the MP4 or MOV files from your drone's SD card and transfer it to your computer, most video player applications (including the one build into Windows 7/10), it doesn't display the flight information on the video itself.  The files DO contain metadata which can be viewed by examining the file information, which is usually accessible through a menu option on your video player software.  It sounds to me like the issue is due to the settings on your television.  From your description, it sounds as if the television is showing the metadata from your video file on an overlay generated by your television.  Have you tried viewing the video directly on your computer using the built in Windows Media Player?  I highly recommend viewing the video files on your computer to see if the flight data is being displayed, and if it's not (and I don't think it will be) then your television's built in media player is set to display metadata on  a video overlay.  Without seeing exactly what is occurring on your computer vs the television, I can only make a guess as to exactly why this is occurring.  It' s always best to troubleshoot these types of issues through the process of elimination.  Simply view the video on your computer.  If the flight information is not displayed in the video window when you're watching it on your computer, it's almost definitely an issue with your television.

You are correct it does not show on the computer only on the tv
2020-7-1
Use props
djiuser_73LhwkIEoVPw
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9614318 ft
United States

Turn the television's subtitles off.
2022-8-3
Use props
Vincent Leclerc
lvl.4

United States

I'd recommended do a little edit on a video editing software and export it as a different format. Try play it on your TV and again add see if the metadata still shows up.
2022-8-4
Use props
MeatRocket
lvl.1
United States

Delete the .srt files. Those are subtitles.
2022-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules