Survivor's Guilt
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

The benefit of this forum can't be overstated.  I have learned so much.  But I have to admit, I'm starting to get depressed.

I'm one of the lucky ones no doubt.  Everything is working perfectly (P3P + iOS Mini 2) - even after this last upgrade.  I took it out today after work in a big open field in the mountains; flying cautiously at first, waiting for something bad to happen, but nothing.  Then I literally started beating the snot out of it; flying as fast as it could go, up & down, sideways, spinning circles, up 400' then a rapid decent; recorded video, then photos, then videos again, then back to photos, then back again to video mode.  I even jumped to CL mode for the first time - spinning wildly while crusing right past me.  But nothing failed - nothing!   

It was almost as if I was trying to break it; trying to be like so many others who are having problems; frustrated; angry.  I guess in the end, I was feeling guilty.

I only share this story with you for one purpose, to ensure you that once all these firmware issues settle down; once the overheating of Android devices stops; once the video delay problems get resolved, you will ... absolutely ... love your Phantom 3!

So, please continue sharing your issues.  Everyone benefits.  Make your comments meaningful, not personal.  Add as much context and details as you can so that the technical teams who monitor this forum can detect patterns, and have an easier time pinning down the exact root causes.

I sincerely feel for everyone experiencing issues.  Hang tough as long as you can.  Someday soon I hope, you will be gald you did.     

2015-6-17
Use props
jacmac64
lvl.3

United States

It's great that you haven't had any issues with your P3. I too haven't had any issue with mine, before or after this last update. It has flown exactly as advertised.
But if I were you I'd be careful in searching for the problems others are having. We're all installing the exact same file on our Phantoms so what ever bugs there finding we have. Possibly we have some setting set different, I don't know, but if there a bug I definitely am not going to look for it at the expense of my Phantom.  

My VPS has been off since I received my P3P because of all the issues. It will remain off until I'm sure they have resolved all the issues. It is designed as an aid for indoor flying and I have only flown outside.
I would recommend that everyone do the same. Plus any option you can turn off because you're not using, may give you more flying time.
2015-6-17
Use props
jakeryazli
Australia

It is good to hear some good stories.  I have been on the verge of getting a phantom 3 but very put off by the negative comments on the forum because of genuine problems with the quad.  I also know that forums are sometimes very weighted towards problems and negative stories, and rightly so as it is a place to problem solve.  I am going to Europe and USA this year and would love to take the phantom with me but am super paranoid now of fly aways or problems and not getting the support from DJI if there are problems.  Keep the good stories coming in.
2015-6-18
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United Kingdom

jakeryazli Posted at 2015-6-18 17:17
It is good to hear some good stories.  I have been on the verge of getting a phantom 3 but very put  ...

I also shared your worries before I bought my P3P,  in the end for me the potential reward outweighed the risk and i went ahead and made a purchase and im so glad I did! Once i actually handled the Phantom itself and realized its build quality and how rediculously easy it is to fly alot of my worries dissapeared.

A majority of potential issues can be solved/avoided by using simple common sense, currently some people are having some VPS issues with the latest FW update. I have flown once since the update and everything went well but im going to keep her grounded until a  revised FW is uploaded just incase.

Your going to have to buy one in the end anyway, you cant go travelling USA and Europe visiting some beautiful destinations and be thinking "what if" all the way - Adam
2015-6-18
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84783 ft
United States

I will have to say I was so nervous when purchasing my P3P after all the horror stories. After 20hrs and the latest firmware update it has performed flawlessly Now the bad news....I was returning from a 8400ft, 18min flight and was hovering at about 4ft to discharge to 20% and my neighbor came walking down my driveway. I thought she was coming to talk with me. Instead, when she got closer she charged the bird and swung a sweatshirt at it and of course it crashed, hitting hard on the landing gear then flipping on it's back. Motors would not shut off, body became slightly seperated, propellers are toast, two motors have a different tone now and I have yet to test the cam/gimbal......don't dare fly it. Had to file felony trespass and wilful malicious destruction of property.
2015-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules