M-mini battery dead after crash; have care refresh, what do?
566 4 2020-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scarum
lvl.1
Netherlands

So I was indulging a kid who wanted to know how fast the drone can fly, switching over to S mode and crashing into a tree.
I normally only fly C-mode, because I care more about the image than fast flying. Not that experienced at flying fast.
After the crash the mini seemed ok, except the battery was dead. It also won't recharge, the hub gives three times 4 blinking lights, repeating.

I have purchased Care Refresh, but if I start a case, it asks me to send back the whole drone, and send a battery back optionally.
I would like only the battery to be replaced. How do I go about this?

Thanks! = )
2020-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi scarum, for the Mavic series the aircraft, gimbal, camera, propellers, and battery can be replaced under DJI Care Refresh. Since your aircraft was crashed, it is recommended to send back the aircraft and the battery for the evaluation in case there are some potential damages. If you insist only sending back and swapping the battery, it is fine, please fill the online repair form and only send back the battery.
2020-6-28
Use props
scarum
lvl.1
Netherlands

Thanks, I went through the refresh process and am waiting for the postage label.
However, I just realized I forgot to add something to the damage report. I noticed yesterday that there seems to be sand lodged in the joints of the mavic and the gimbal as well. The tree was on sandy terrain.
Is there a way to add this to the damage report after it has been filed? Otherwise it might be missed upon inspection of the craft.
Thank you.
2020-6-30
Use props
scarum
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-28 19:15
Hi scarum, for the Mavic series the aircraft, gimbal, camera, propellers, and battery can be replaced under DJI Care Refresh. Since your aircraft was crashed, it is recommended to send back the aircraft and the battery for the evaluation in case there are some potential damages. If you insist only sending back and swapping the battery, it is fine, please fill the online repair form and only send back the battery.

Could you please give some guidance on my question about adding info above?
Also, I haven't received the postage label yet. How long does that take?
Thanks!
2020-7-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

scarum Posted at 7-1 01:16
Could you please give some guidance on my question about adding info above?
Also, I haven't received the postage label yet. How long does that take?
Thanks!

Sorry for the late response, I see the shipping label has been sent to you.
I will remark in the case so that our repair team will evaluate the drone and gimbal as well when we receive it.
2020-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules