Mavic Air 2 phone control
467 5 2020-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fadly
lvl.2
  • >>>
Malaysia

Can DJI make the Mavic Air 2 controllable directly by phone, at least for limited range? I'm making an active track scene of me running along a trail. But having to carry the big controller with phone attach to it is making it awkward to run. It also doesn't seem right on the video as well. At least I can slip the phone in by armband.
2020-6-28
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

It's no longer being controlled via wifi (uses Ocusync 2.0), so no you can no longer use a wifi device to control it like the first Mavic Air.
2020-6-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for you sharing your personal insights and recommendation for the DJI Mavic Air 2. Your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. I will forward this recommendation to our designated DJI support team for further attention. Thank you.
2020-7-1
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-1 02:18
Hi. Thank you for you sharing your personal insights and recommendation for the DJI Mavic Air 2. Your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated. I will forward this recommendation to our designated DJI support team for further attention. Thank you.

Hi DJI Paladin,

thank you for this answer, but ...
... if the MA2 does not have WiFi reception (but OcuSync 2.0 does), then it can never work, can it?
2020-7-1
Use props
fadly
lvl.2
  • >>>
Malaysia

frankymusik Posted at 7-1 04:49
Hi DJI Paladin,

thank you for this answer, but ...

I believe Mavic Pro have both Occusync and Wifi control which you can control directly by smartphone.
2020-7-12
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

fadly Posted at 7-12 17:12
I believe Mavic Pro have both Occusync and Wifi control which you can control directly by smartphone.

No, Occusynce is not a control method, it is the return stream video from the aircraft and it is not in any way compatible with WiFi. The simple answer is you cannot do what you ask.
2020-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules