How to use "Simulator Lite" from DJI Assistant 2?
7583 8 2020-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
besweeet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 141293 ft
United States

I simply cannot figure out how to use this... On my Mavic Air 2's controller, I can see the input data from it going into the simulator software, but the drone never moves...
llwdyqundd751.png

2020-6-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. First, please make sure the propellers are removed from the drone. Second. please make sure the drone and remote are synced then connect the drone to the computer via data cable while both drone and remote controller are on and finally open the simulator on the DJI Assistant 2 then click " Start Simulation". Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-7-1
Use props
fans87735114
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-1 21:08
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. First, please make sure the propellers are removed from the drone. Second. please make sure the drone and remote are synced then connect the drone to the computer via data cable while both drone and remote controller are on and finally open the simulator on the DJI Assistant 2 then click " Start Simulation". Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

But then what do I do? The drone in the simulator never moves. As I mentioned, I can see that the controller data is changing as I move the joysticks. It's just that the drone stays in place.
2020-7-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans87735114 Posted at 7-2 04:43
But then what do I do? The drone in the simulator never moves. As I mentioned, I can see that the controller data is changing as I move the joysticks. It's just that the drone stays in place.

Thank you for the additional information. Kindly please try a different computer to isolate the issue and kindly please provide a short video sample of the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-7-3
Use props
fans87735114
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-3 02:51
Thank you for the additional information. Kindly please try a different computer to isolate the issue and kindly please provide a short video sample of the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Do you or does anyone at DJI have a sample video that shows how to use it?
2020-7-3
Use props
djiuser_FbVPDM51ymx0
lvl.1

United States

fans87735114 Posted at 2020-7-3 09:07
Do you or does anyone at DJI have a sample video that shows how to use it?

Since no one has answered this, I will. You need to take your props off first then power on the drone. Then connect the drone to PC with usb cable. Then load up the DJI fly app just like you normally would and connect it to your drone and controller. Everything needs to be connect like you are doing a real flight with the drone, minus the props, and it is hooked up to your PC by usb. Then in the DJI assistance software, click you drone, simulator, and start simulating.
2021-10-22
Use props
JollyJobo
lvl.1
Germany

djiuser_FbVPDM51ymx0 Posted at 10-22 08:03
Since no one has answered this, I will. You need to take your props off first then power on the drone. Then connect the drone to PC with usb cable. Then load up the DJI fly app just like you normally would and connect it to your drone and controller. Everything needs to be connect like you are doing a real flight with the drone, minus the props, and it is hooked up to your PC by usb. Then in the DJI assistance software, click you drone, simulator, and start simulating.

My simulator still only shows different values of the controllers, but the drone does nothing. Do I really need to start the motors to make the simulation start? Or what else may be wrong?
2021-12-26
Use props
Virgule
New

Cambodia

JollyJobo Posted at 2021-12-26 10:21
My simulator still only shows different values of the controllers, but the drone does nothing. Do I really need to start the motors to make the simulation start? Or what else may be wrong?

Yes, you have to start the motors (either take-off button, or both joysticks down & in) to get the drone in the air, and only then the controls will do something...which you can see in the simulator. I struggled like you, until I understood that you really must simulate everything for anything to happen. Makes sense once you know.
2022-1-11
Use props
djiuser_Hlinux29SOqy
New

China

I met the same question as you. And I did succeed at the first time. Simulate everything as real including the take-off. Hopefully there is a effective solution. :c
2022-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules