Storage of brand new sealed battery
940 8 2020-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_9GBBjFq0fz1W
lvl.2
Germany

Hello,

I bought a battery that I haven't used at all since a couple of months, do I need to take it out and charge it to storage level or a sealed battery is a sealed battery and since it's never been used I do not have to worry?

Thanks
2020-6-28
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

New battery should be in hybernation mode. If it's never been used there's no need to charge immediately.
2020-6-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. virtual is correct on post #2. In addition to this in Hibernation Mode if the battery cell voltage is lower than 3.0V, the battery enters Hibernation mode to prevent over-discharge and to avoid being damaged. Charge the battery to wake it from hibernation. Thank you.
2020-6-30
Use props
itisMo
lvl.2
Germany

Many thanks Stephen and Virtual for the info.

Can someone also explain to me the relationship between battery charge percentage and the output voltage? I got once at low percentage "Low battery voltage warning" so does this mean that battery provides less current and therefore less power to motors at lower percentage?

What kind of battery provides the same output until 0%?

For the Mavic Mini, what is the minimum voltage required to keep motors at full speed?
2020-6-30
Use props
Skydiver021
lvl.4
Serbia

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-30 22:48
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. virtual is correct on post #2. In addition to this in Hibernation Mode if the battery cell voltage is lower than 3.0V, the battery enters Hibernation mode to prevent over-discharge and to avoid being damaged. Charge the battery to wake it from hibernation. Thank you.

Can user put battery in hibernation mode to prevent over-discharging during period of inactivity (winter time)?
2020-6-30
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

itisMo Posted at 6-30 23:01
Many thanks Stephen and Virtual for the info.

Can someone also explain to me the relationship between battery charge percentage and the output voltage? I got once at low percentage "Low battery voltage warning" so does this mean that battery provides less current and therefore less power to motors at lower percentage?

Cell voltage drops during discharge cycle, from 4,2V recharged to 3-3,2V when battery is empty. Voltage can be affected by low temperatures ect. Percentage indicator is not precise, it´s more like prediction of flying in same conditions. It is smart to be not far from the landing place from aprox 30%.
2020-7-1
Use props
Zen Fly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 981 ft
Romania

Skydiver021 Posted at 6-30 23:50
Can user put battery in hibernation mode to prevent over-discharging during period of inactivity (winter time)?

Excellent question.

I would also like to know.
2020-7-1
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

if the battery cell voltage is lower than 3.0V, the battery enters Hibernation mode to prevent over-discharge...

I believe here´s the answer (No) but you don´t need it. I guess HM "unplugs" smart circuits that can have some (very low) power consumption. If you store batteries at 50% of charge as DJI recommends, you don´t need to worry of deep discharging in a few months time as the li-Ion cells do not suffer from selfdischarge.
2020-7-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there Skydiver021. Thank you for the reply. To properly store the said intelligent flight batteries. Discharge the battery to 40% - 60% if it will not be used for 10 days or more, as it can greatly extend the battery life. Please remove the said battery from the aircraft when stored for an extended period. Disconnect the batteries from the charging device/hub when they are fully charged. In addition, I will post a DJI link where in you can find some tips on Battery Care ( https://store.dji.com/guides/battery-care-important-think/ ). Thank you.
2020-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules