Indoor Flight , Mini goes to ATTI mode
945 8 2020-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

i don't if it's a common behaviour or only on my unit , but i think that after the last upgrade the Mini goes to ATTi mode very fastly when flying indoor, does anyone observed this behaviour too?

At past my Mini did fly around home very stable,lastly it flies and after some minutes on some specific zone of the home (it's open LOFT home) where at past it did fly perfectly it
now gives the WEAK SIGNAL passing to ATTI MODE .... being then more difficult to pilot

cheers for everyone
and thanks in advance

2020-6-28
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you can't get a good GPS signal there, make sure the space is well lit so that the downward facing vision positioning system can see what is underneath it.
2020-6-28
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ditto what KoolGee said about lighting.

2020-6-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

i don't if it's a common behaviour or only on my unit , but i think that after the last upgrade the Mini goes to ATTi mode very fastly when flying indoor, does anyone observed this behaviour too?
It has nothing to do with an update and is entirely dependent on how many satellites the drone can receive with its skyview restricted by the building.
2020-6-28
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

i explained above that the gps signal has been always same, it's not related to satellites signal i guess,,i think it's something related to the sensors
2020-6-30
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is related to both the lack of enough GPS .......AND .........the ambient lighting being too low for the vision sensors to work properly.
When both are deficient it switches to ATTI mode, this translates to..........do not fly in dark places with insufficient GPS signal
2020-6-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf Posted at 6-30 07:31
i explained above that the gps signal has been always same, it's not related to satellites signal i guess,,i think it's something related to the sensors

You guessed wrong.
The GPS antenna doesn't change at all.
GPS satellites are always moving so the sats will always be in different parts of the sky.
The number that might be visible through windows etc will be different every day.
2020-6-30
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

I experienced this with my Spark. I used it in a well lit area and it was working well, then I forgot to open a few lights one day and it went into ATTI and hit the caouch right away. You need very good lighting indoor and the propeller guard.
2020-6-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared. In addition to this the DJI Mavic Mini automatically changes to ATTI mode when the Vision System is unavailable or disabled and when the GPS Signal is weak or the compass of the said drone experiences interference. When the Vision System is not available, the drone cannot position itself or break automatically, which increases the risk of potential fight hazard. In ATTI mode, the aircraft may be more easily affected by its surroundings. Environment factors such as wind can result in hazardous shifting, which may present hazards, especially when flying in confined spaces. Thank you.
2020-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules