Smart Controller Charges Slowly
6924 8 2020-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheAlmostGreat
lvl.1
United States

Hi there,

It takes a week to charge my smart controller fully with the provided charger and cable, or even more powerful chargers such as my laptop charger. After about 4 batteries, the smart controller dies and it takes days to charge up again. Is there any reason why I can't charge a $750 controller when just about everything else seems capable of managing its power supply?
2020-6-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi TheAlmostGreat, sorry to read your experience with Smart Controller, what is the firmware version of your device? Did you charge it when the Smart Controller is turned off? It usually takes about 2 hours to fully charge a DJI Smart Controller with the provided charger. If a third-party charger is used, the charger needs to support QC2.0 or higher charging protocol.
2020-6-28
Use props
TheAlmostGreat
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-28 22:48
Hi TheAlmostGreat, sorry to read your experience with Smart Controller, what is the firmware version of your device? Did you charge it when the Smart Controller is turned off? It usually takes about 2 hours to fully charge a DJI Smart Controller with the provided charger. If a third-party charger is used, the charger needs to support QC2.0 or higher charging protocol.

v1.00.0700, no new updates available, and of course it is charging with the controller turned off. Also, again, it takes this long to charge with the charger you provide.
2020-6-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TheAlmostGreat Posted at 6-29 05:33
v1.00.0700, no new updates available, and of course it is charging with the controller turned off. Also, again, it takes this long to charge with the charger you provide.

In this case, it is recommended to send back the device to DJI repair center for the diagnosis, please start a ticket here and send back at your most convenience: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
2020-6-29
Use props
MarshallK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 804058 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2020-6-29 23:01
In this case, it is recommended to send back the device to DJI repair center for the diagnosis, please start a ticket here and send back at your most convenience: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav

Was this situation resolved?  I am having the exact same issue with the controller I just purchased this week.  I fully charged it and then used it for one flight.  That took the battery down to about 50%.  It has android version 7.1.2, security patch April 5, 2017
2021-8-14
Use props
djiuser_rIT6q56tw3QH
lvl.1

United States

My son received his Mavic air 2 yesterday directly from DJI, which contained the smart controller. He gets a error message saying it’s charging slow and to use the device charger. Takes 5 hours to charge 15% !!!
2021-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

MarshallK Posted at 8-14 02:23
Was this situation resolved?  I am having the exact same issue with the controller I just purchased this week.  I fully charged it and then used it for one flight.  That took the battery down to about 50%.  It has android version 7.1.2, security patch April 5, 2017

Hi there, sorry for the late reply. Could you please tell us how long did you use the smart controller?
2021-9-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_rIT6q56tw3QH Posted at 8-31 03:18
My son received his Mavic air 2 yesterday directly from DJI, which contained the smart controller. He gets a error message saying it’s charging slow and to use the device charger. Takes 5 hours to charge 15% !!!

Hi there, please use the standard charger and data cable. If the original charger and data cable are used, please connect the charger and data cable again for a check. If the issue persists, you may need to start a case and send it back their for repair. http://www.dji.com/support
2021-9-9
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

i got one of these coming

https://cloudcitydrones.com/prod ... EAEYASABEgKUc_D_BwE
2021-9-14
Use props
Advanced