585 8 2020-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Since I flew from home, I was able to insert the battery into the charger shortly after a long flight (approx. 26 minutes flight time) (I use the 3-way charger of the Fly More Combo).

The battery had a residual charge of approx. 10% (according to the display in the DJI Fly app). The battery felt a bit warm after being removed from the MA2, but never hot ...

However, the battery indicator of this battery remained dark after being plugged into the charging adapter.
Removing the battery and plugging it in didn't change anything ...
I now felt that the battery was dead ...

I now waited about 10 minutes after removing the battery from the adapter. Then I put it back in the charging adapter and the charging started immediately (all 4 LEDs of the battery light up briefly, and then the first LED flashes cyclically ...
So everything is okay again ...

Is this behavior known, normal ... ???

Frank

2020-6-28
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

Yes, the battery protects itself from getting to hot while charging, probably needed to cool down a bit more after the flight
2020-6-28
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 6-28 23:25
Yes, the battery protects itself from getting to hot while charging, probably needed to cool down a bit more after the flight

Thank you!

That's why I wrote that the battery felt warm, warm, but not "very warm" ...
Can you still leave the battery in the charging adapter? Does the charging process (after the battery has cooled) start automatically later?
2020-6-28
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

frankymusik Posted at 6-28 23:32
Thank you!

That's why I wrote that the battery felt warm, warm, but not "very warm" ...

It is good practice to leave the battery "chill" after the flight before you put it in to the charger.
2020-6-28
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

You have to wait give the bloody battery 20 minutes ro cool off mate....u should also read up on how to care for lipo batteries
2020-6-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

$gambino$ Posted at 6-29 00:22
You have to wait give the bloody battery 20 minutes ro cool off mate....u should also read up on how to care for lipo batteries

Aaaah.   
2020-6-29
Use props
Mr_Frosty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94895 ft
United Kingdom

2020-6-29
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Many, many thanks!!!
2020-6-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there frankymusik. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. In addition to these the DJI Mavic Air 2's intelligent flight battery has a temperature detection feature. In order to protect itself from any damage, the said battery on charges when the temperature is between 41 degrees F and 104 degrees F ( 5 degrees to 40 degrees C ). Thank you.
2020-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules