Samsung SM-T590 won't stay connected to DJI Go 4
429 1 2020-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_pGvIU1JL95TN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 116772 ft

United States

Yesterday I picked up a new tablet to use with my drone, its a Samsung Galaxy Tab A, SM-T290. I'd read a few people using the tablet with no problems and since my phone is awkward to fit in the controller arms (note 10+ it barely fits) decided to pick one up. Removed everything I didn't need, installed DJI Go 4, powered everything on and the tablet simply connects and disconnects about every 2 seconds. Restarted the tablet, tried again and it connected. Turned drone and controller off, went outside for a test flight, powered everything up and its doing the same thing. Connect disconnect non stop.

Here's a video showing how fast it connects / disconnects.

https://youtu.be/BSwy_WYx0wY

So far I have:Plugged the tablet into a wall outlet to confirm it stays connected, which it does,
Tried 3 different USB cables, and with them all it does the same disconnect every 2 seconds.
Tried first powering on the RC, then the AC and then the tablet.
Enabled developer mode on the tablet and set USB debugging to enabled.
Set the default USB connection method to File Transfer.
Connected tablet to my PC and verified it stays connected.

One thing I noticed was that the little pop up appeared on the tablet saying device charging slowly, check cable or something to that effect. It's a pretty standard message if you are plugged into a USB port (I get the same message when plugged into the PC). This time I checked the box on that message saying "Don't show this again" and the tablet remained connected! The message was not always displayed, not sure if the remote is sometimes able to provide enough power to charge and other times not or what actually triggered me seeing the pop up this time, but not previously. Excellent I go into DJI Go 4 and change a couple settings just to make sure it stays connected, which it does. So far so good. I then decide OK, I better power everything off and then back on again to see if it is still working as it should.

Power back on, same thing. Refuses to stay connected.

I also confirmed that the tablet will stay connected if I use small USB that connects to the side of the controller. The problem with using that though is that the short USB that connects to the side is not long enough to reach to where the tablet needs to go and I am not sure how reliable the connection would be if I added an extension (assuming I could find a micro-USB extension, which I am sure they are available).

The bottom USB port functions correctly, I have used it with both a diffferent tablet and with my phone. Both stay connected on the bottom USB port ruling out an issue with that. There just appears to be something going on with the SM-T590 connected to the bottom USB port that causes constant disconnects.

I'm leaning towards a factory reset on the tablet, although again, it is a brand new tablet. I took it out of the box, uninstalled as much as I could, charged it and installed DJI Go 4.

Any suggestions? I literally just purchased the tablet to use for the drone and nothing else.

Thanks.
2020-6-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to know that you are having issue with the mobile device you wanted to use on your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. After checking the said mobile device ( Samsung SM-T590 Tablet ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Mavic 2 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not recommended for the said drone  and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Samsung SM-T590 Tablet will be able to work on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and with the DJI Go 4 application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said drone  and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Go 4 application while using it on the DJI Mavic 2 Pro . For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads ). Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules