Order Clearance delay
12Next >
8891 68 2020-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stellario
lvl.1

United States

Fedex tracking says my Mavic Mini order (placed on 6/18) is stuck in clearance delay in Mempjis, TN since 6/26: "Shipment held for agreement to pay duty. Fedex will contact importer".  Has anyone else had or is having this issue?
2020-6-29
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

That's different, Memphis is FedEx's hub and my experience with them there is snow storm and everything is grounded but back to your issue I thought it would be distributed  by DJI and all import duty was taken care of by the seller dji. Who'd you purchase it from a private party? ebay? it seems dji would bring in a large number of drones at a time and duty would be handled by broker representing seller. Good luck
Also company's like Fe...., and UP.. give quick reasons for delays and most consumers will back away in shock (in your case here you are asking) for a day or two then ask again. It's like a general statement.
I base part of my reply on filling out shipping papers both domestic and international exporting  using major transporting companies.
2020-6-29
Use props
Stellario
lvl.1

United States

I ordered my Mini directly from DJI. It left the Fedex facility in Dongguan CN, on 6/18, and  with many hops along the way arrived in Memphis and was first available for clearance at 1:02PM on 6/26.  Although I do not have much experience with international shipping, it doesn't seem routine to me. Here's the full message: "Shipment subject to anti-dumping/ countervailing review. Shipment held for agreement to pay duty.
Recommended action: Fedex will contact Importer."
2020-6-29
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
United States

what I got from that is it's a anti dumping where us USA is trying to make sure a USA manufacture isn't being force to be under price like what happened with the steel market and limiting how much steel was imported. TARIFF, For a drone company that has been importing for a period of time look at cell phone company's.
Just read this, On June 25% increase on China tariffs and another in July. Most company's figure out how to get around if it's cost effective. Like build a Auto plant or reclassify a class of car or truck type so they can bring more vehicles in. Wow that would be a big drone
Sorry, hope to see you in the sky soon, best of luck
2020-6-29
Use props
Stellario
lvl.1

United States

Anyone else having a problem getting your shipment from DJI?
2020-6-29
Use props
Chilly
New

United States

Mine was ordered on 6/14/2020. Here it's the 29th and still no Magic Mini. It's also on "clearance hold" in Memphis. Probably will be my last purchase from DJI. Redicules !!
2020-6-29
Use props
Chilly
New

United States

Actually it says CLEARANCE DELAY for 3 days now.
2020-6-29
Use props
Stellario
lvl.1

United States

I hope DJI can clear this up for us and everyone else that has placed or is placing an order.
2020-6-29
Use props
Stellario
lvl.1

United States

Stellario Posted at 6-29 13:51
I hope DJI can clear this up for us and everyone else that has placed or is placing an order.

Mine was just released a short while ago, no delivery date yet, but it cleared!
2020-6-29
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
United States

Glad to hear Stellario I take it these unites are coming in individually?
2020-6-29
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have received two small orders from DJI recently. No issues with either of them.
2020-6-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Stellario, sorry for the shipment delay during the pandemic, I managed to get your order number and upon checking it right now, it is on FedEx vehicle for delivery, hope you will get it soon.
2020-6-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Chilly Posted at 6-29 13:43
Mine was ordered on 6/14/2020. Here it's the 29th and still no Magic Mini. It's also on "clearance hold" in Memphis. Probably will be my last purchase from DJI. Redicules !!

Hi Chilly, we are so sorry for the shipment delay, may I have your order number so that we could check the details and help?
2020-6-30
Use props
Stellario
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-30 05:53
Hi Stellario, sorry for the shipment delay during the pandemic, I managed to get your order number and upon checking it right now, it is on FedEx vehicle for delivery, hope you will get it soon.

Thank you, I received my Mini yesterday.  
2020-7-1
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stellario Posted at 7-1 11:28

Many congrats and safe flights.
2020-7-1
Use props
djiuser_Ap6FBvlomW4m
New

United States

Me too. Was supposed to get my Mavic tomorrow morning, and now "Clearance Delay" in Memphis. This sucks.
2020-7-1
Use props
Jonathonc
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_Ap6FBvlomW4m Posted at 7-1 17:48
Me too. Was supposed to get my Mavic tomorrow morning, and now "Clearance Delay" in Memphis. This sucks.

Mine as well, updated as of about two hours ago, Clearance Delay, Shipment subject to anti-dumping/ countervailing review. Shipment held for agreement to pay duty. Order Number: 0010059895224

Was really hoping to have it before heading out for the weekend, looking much less likely now.
2020-7-1
Use props
djiuser_wxZY3dJbBmwx
New

United States

Yes, I'm having this issue as well. Stuck in customs at Memphis. Order # 0015882550960
2020-7-1
Use props
djiuser_LaFRlzIBqn1c
New

United States

Mine is, too. Order number 0016455258098. Was supposed to get here yesterday. I’m pretty disappointed as I’m heading out this weekend :/
2020-7-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Stellario Posted at 7-1 11:28

Glad to know, hope you enjoy flying. If there is anything we can help you, please feel free to let us know.
2020-7-2
Use props
djiuser_EHRFO90Z1tNc
lvl.1

United States

My order is now sitting in Memphis with Clearance Delay very frustrating when I could have ordered from US source. Order#0013528850209
2020-7-2
Use props
Jonathonc
lvl.1

United States

Looks like my package was released and is in its way. Now to see if it shows up before I leave for the weekend tomorrow morning. I have another package coming through Fedex that was in Memphis about the same time, and left an hour or so prior to the release of my Mini, so we'll see.
2020-7-2
Use props
djiuser_wxZY3dJbBmwx
New

United States

It looks like mine was released as well - now showing "In Transit" in Memphis. However, doubt it will be delivered to me today (Philadelphia region) and I know FedEx doesn't have any delivery tomorrow in the US because of the July 4 holiday.
2020-7-2
Use props
Jonathonc
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_wxZY3dJbBmwx Posted at 7-2 05:54
It looks like mine was released as well - now showing "In Transit" in Memphis. However, doubt it will be delivered to me today (Philadelphia region) and I know FedEx doesn't have any delivery tomorrow in the US because of the July 4 holiday.

I just checked Fedex delivery holidays, only Smartpost is closed for the 3rd, Express, Frieght and Office had modified service/hours. Everything else shows "open" so there is still hope. Mine's coming to Michigan, so about the same travel distance.

The disappointing part is that there haven't been any tracking events since 5:00am, so it is just a waiting game.
2020-7-2
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

The big carriers are letting goods from other countries "sit" for awhile once they are off the plane......since they don't have that as a normal "check box delay" they are using something else.

If you all noticed the delay was all about the same.  ALSO,  they are moving fewer goods with fewer people handling the paperwork....COVID-19....remember?

Just remember,  it WASN'T DJI who held your box up!!

Randy
2020-7-2
Use props
Jonathonc
lvl.1

United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 7-2 19:36
The big carriers are letting goods from other countries "sit" for awhile once they are off the plane......since they don't have that as a normal "check box delay" they are using something else.

If you all noticed the delay was all about the same.  ALSO,  they are moving fewer goods with fewer people handling the paperwork....COVID-19....remember?

I'd put some stock in that if this was a one-off occurrence, but in my looking into it, this has been a constant occurrence with DJI shipments from China to the USA since at least the launch of the Mavic Mini last autumn. I'll admit I didn't look much further into it past that timeline, and isn't unique to the Mavic Mini, also instances with Osmo cameras, Mavic Air 2, etc...

A tracking update means that the package was scanned, if it was just sitting on a plane/truck or in a warehouse, there isn't a scan, therefore there isn't an update, it just shows as still in transit or at a facility or whatever the last scan event was. A status update means that the package was handled in some manner, either moved from a vehicle to a facility, or transferred from Fedex custody to Customs, or something along those lines. Having worked for a shipping company in the past, I have something to refer back to in regards with this, even if I didn't work for Fedex, their system isn't so vastly different from the ones I works with. Yes, shipping delays are happening due to the pandemic, however that just means longer wait time between status updates. That isn't what occurred in this instance.

Yes, you are correct that the delays we are experiencing are not directly the fault of DJI, part of the blame does fall on them however. The specific reason that customs held my package was due to a paperwork discrepancy in regards to tariffs and countervailance. Better processes could be put in place by DJI to curtail these delays, however they have not occurred, and typically, if people bring it up to DJI, they are quick to respond and handle it, however there have been instances of people not bringing it up, or not doing it soon enough, leading to orders being shipped back to China, leading to even longer delays.
2020-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_EHRFO90Z1tNc Posted at 7-2 01:56
My order is now sitting in Memphis with Clearance Delay very frustrating when I could have ordered from US source. Order#0013528850209

Hi there, sorry for the shipment delay recently, the shipment of your order has been updated and it shall be delivered soon, hope you will receive it promptly.
2020-7-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jonathonc Posted at 7-2 20:59
I'd put some stock in that if this was a one-off occurrence, but in my looking into it, this has been a constant occurrence with DJI shipments from China to the USA since at least the launch of the Mavic Mini last autumn. I'll admit I didn't look much further into it past that timeline, and isn't unique to the Mavic Mini, also instances with Osmo cameras, Mavic Air 2, etc...

A tracking update means that the package was scanned, if it was just sitting on a plane/truck or in a warehouse, there isn't a scan, therefore there isn't an update, it just shows as still in transit or at a facility or whatever the last scan event was. A status update means that the package was handled in some manner, either moved from a vehicle to a facility, or transferred from Fedex custody to Customs, or something along those lines. Having worked for a shipping company in the past, I have something to refer back to in regards with this, even if I didn't work for Fedex, their system isn't so vastly different from the ones I works with. Yes, shipping delays are happening due to the pandemic, however that just means longer wait time between status updates. That isn't what occurred in this instance.

Hi Jonathonc, we are sincerely sorry to keep you waiting for the package, the anti-dumping files are not required to DJI products, all the documentation was available for the customs clearance. The clearance is delayed recently and we are doing our best to optimize this situation with the courier company.
Your package has been updated and it shall be delivered soon, appreciate your understanding.
2020-7-3
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jonathonc says......."A tracking update means that the package was scanned, if it was just sitting on a plane/truck or in a warehouse, there isn't a scan"

That is incorrect.  Every container on a plane, or ship has a Master Tracking number.....the sub-tracking numbers are package tracking.  When the Master is scanned it updates all
other package tracking numbers under the master.  Meaning the packages in the airfreight container do not get scanned at every point.....just the container master tracking number.
Eack package only gets scanned individually once it is in the destination country's freight distribution system...Fedex/UPS etc......

Randy

2020-7-3
Use props
djiuser_AsexTa6lCfY6
New

United States

Order Number:        0014682707559 DJI Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo

My order is also sitting in Memphis, TN and completely stalled.  Have been very disappointed in the shipping and the updates from FEDEX are completely meaningless.  

Reason for delay:Shipment subject to anti-dumping/ countervailing review. Shipment held for agreement to pay duty.
Recommended action: Fedex will contact Importer.
Scheduled delivery: Pending

When I decided to order this, I was told that I should always order directly from DJI instead of dealing with Amazon or Best Buy...  now i am beginning to regret that decision.

I ordered this specifically for a special project and there are deadlines i must meet or this entire purchase will be for naught.  

Is there ANY way this can be pushed through ASAP?
2020-7-6
Use props
greddm77
New
United States

I have the same issue. Drone was supposed to arrive 7/13 but has since been stuck in Memphis. Seems like something DJI would have sorted out by now. Had I known that ordering direct from DJI would mean the drone shipping from china vs a USA location I would have just ordered through Amazon or Best Buy.
2020-7-15
Use props
djiuser_zkWtLbYWe6Rt
New

United States

My MP2 is on clearance delay in Memphis. Ordered it a week ago and was supposed to be delivered Tuesday. Anyone knows how long it takes for them to lift the delay? Dji needs to step their game up. Lost money on a shoot that supposed to do today... disappointed
2020-7-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

greddm77 Posted at 7-15 08:55
I have the same issue. Drone was supposed to arrive 7/13 but has since been stuck in Memphis. Seems like something DJI would have sorted out by now. Had I known that ordering direct from DJI would mean the drone shipping from china vs a USA location I would have just ordered through Amazon or Best Buy.

Hi greddm77, sorry for the shipment delay, we are working together with customs to get it solved, the shipment shall be updated soon, hope for your understanding and patience.
2020-7-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_zkWtLbYWe6Rt Posted at 7-15 20:29
My MP2 is on clearance delay in Memphis. Ordered it a week ago and was supposed to be delivered Tuesday. Anyone knows how long it takes for them to lift the delay? Dji needs to step their game up. Lost money on a shoot that supposed to do today... disappointed

Hi there, we apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the customs clearance, we are already coordinating with customs to get it solved and the shipment shall be updated soon. We will also keep an eye on it.
2020-7-15
Use props
Kaviraz German
New

United States

I purchased the Mavic Air 2 recently on the 10th of July. I was expecting it to be here on Monday the 20th, however, the shipping update says my package is delayed in Memphis, TN.
The following message is displayed in my tracking information:
“ Itemized breakdown of product composition required.Recommended action: Shipper to provide.” Reading through this forum I am of the mind to return my order since this seem to be common placed and no solutions to date.
2020-7-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kaviraz German Posted at 7-18 14:42
I purchased the Mavic Air 2 recently on the 10th of July. I was expecting it to be here on Monday the 20th, however, the shipping update says my package is delayed in Memphis, TN.
The following message is displayed in my tracking information:
“ Itemized breakdown of product composition required.Recommended action: Shipper to provide.” Reading through this forum I am of the mind to return my order since this seem to be common placed and no solutions to date.

Hi there, sorry for the shipment delay, I will forward to the logistics team for further verification, once I get any news, I will keep you updated.
2020-7-18
Use props
Kaviraz German
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-18 20:06
Hi there, sorry for the shipment delay, I will forward to the logistics team for further verification, once I get any news, I will keep you updated.

Hello,
Is there an update?
2020-7-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kaviraz German Posted at 7-20 10:05
Hello,
Is there an update?

Our team has provided the required information immediately when the FedEx contacted us, it shall be released very soon, we will keep close attention to it.
2020-7-20
Use props
djiuser_8gOnpZYHYa5L
lvl.1
Flight distance : 224678 ft
United States

Good day, my order 190121415267 is now hung up with a clearance delay as well. States

Original invoice with company logo and/or original signature is required for clearance.
Recommended action:  
Shipper must provide.

2020-7-21
Use props
djiuser_VZC3A3UzGQlM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 617585 ft
United States

My order is also on clearance delay: Manufacturer name and address or manufacturer identification code (MID) for each commodity required. Order #0019785909525
2020-7-21
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules