Phantom 4 Advance Issue
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ErkoBass
lvl.1

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hello, I would ask for help. I bought a Phantom Advance 4 and I can't calibrate the motor, an error occurs and it stops at 50% calibration, also cause of that problem i have a jelly footage. I read here on the forum that there is BETA firmware that can fix this problem, how can I get , can someone email me on ervinfax@gmail.com or is there some other way. It is very important for me to solve this problem, a bunch of clients are waiting for me and I cannot record at the moment because of this problem. Thank you
2020-6-29
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Erko,

This is the DJI Downloads page for the Phantom 4 Advanced;

https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-adv/info#downloads

On this page download the Phantom 4 DJI Assistant 2 software for your Mac or your PC computer;

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... t-dji-2-for-phantom

There are many YouTube videos that can help but you have to be very precise in your search terms.

This is the link for the manual for the Phantom 4 Advanced;

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _User_Manual_EN.pdf

Beyond these resources, it is helpful to have at least a 50% charged battery for any of these updates.  Also, when you reach 50% calibration, the calibration can stall for 5 or so minutes.  This is normal.  (It sounds like you are calibrating the P4 Advanced IMU.

The cause of jelly footage is vibration.  Are you using new propellers?  You may have to balance the propellers.  It sounds like you are at the beginning of figuring out how to solve your jelly footage problem.

This is the link for the Phantom Help web site.  Phantom Help has a lot of resources that are very helpful;

https://www.phantomhelp.com/Phantom-4/

Hope this helps!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-6-30
Use props
ErkoBass
lvl.1

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Cetacean Posted at 6-30 00:48
Aloha Erko,

This is the DJI Downloads page for the Phantom 4 Advanced;

I already tried all of those solutions and didnt work, I think that BETA firmware is the key but dont know how to find it, or get it.
2020-6-30
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ErkoBass Posted at 6-30 05:45
I already tried all of those solutions and didnt work, I think that BETA firmware is the key but dont know how to find it, or get it.

Aloha Erko,
                                                   (This is wrong!  I was mixed up with the P3 Pro and the P3 Advanced)
     One thing to remember is the P4A is identical to the P4P, except for the camera having reduced resolution.  All parts of the Phantom itself are identical (just not the camera resolution and some functions).  When there is a differentiation between the P4A and P4P in a firmware, it means there is a camera update (be sure to use the right firmware).  

The P4 (original) had extensive problems that you seem to be mentioning, but you say your Phantom is the P4A, not the P4.  You may want to check on that.  The P4 is a totally different bird.

Your best bet is to strip out (downgrade) the firmware to the original P4A firmware for the Phantom and the Remote Controller.  Also scrub the tablet or phone of any version of DJO GO 4 that you may be using.  Leave nothing behind, total scrub.  You can reinstall the latest version later.  

As you research this process, note if you are not able to downgrade any part to the manufacturers original firmware.  If you can, "refresh" the original firmware whenever you come across a refresh option.  Note what version will not downgrade further and then look for compatible firmware for the other components of your system using the release notes and anything you can get out of Phantom Help.  Your problem may even be described in Phantom Help.

Then using the Phantom Help site and appropriate DJI Release Notes, follow the steps to rebuild your network system of 3 computers and carefully reestablish the network.  Piece by piece update each component following the release notes.  Eventually new updates will stop being listed but by then you will have figured it out.  Update and upgrade to the latest versions.

The later DJI GO 4 apps have "Check for Updates" listed in the about section.  This will be very helpful.  Tap on each one at the same time and they will all search and confirm if the firmware is up to date.  If you get a continuous circling, it means you will have to use DJI Assistant 2 to get that update.  As another note, when using DJI Assistant 2, if you only get a "Downgrade" or "Refresh" option for your firmware updates, by all means use the "Refresh" option.  That is a reinstallation that will likely resolve your problem.

Hope this helps!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-6-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Did the drone experienced any hard landing or crash? Since after Cetacean advised to do a firmware refresh and the issue still persists. There might be something internal that is causing this issue. It is best that we have our DJI support team to further check the cause of the issue. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the warranty period of the said drone; otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you.
2020-7-1
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 6-30 15:52
Aloha Erko,

One thing to remember is the P4A is identical to the P4P, except for the camera having reduced resolution.  All parts of the Phantom itself are identical (just not the camera resolution and some functions).  When there is a differentiation between the P4A and P4P in a firmware, it means there is a camera update (be sure to use the right firmware).  

Morning

I am pretty sure they have the same cameras.

Correct me, if I am wrong, but off memory.

Cheers
P4 vs P4P different
P4A vs P4P the same

Screenshot 2020-07-06 at 07.31.16.png
2020-7-5
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

KEJ Posted at 7-5 22:19
Morning

Aloha KEJ,

Nice comparison display.  But somehow I got the camera and the max video resolution wrong.  I thought the biggest difference between the P4 Pro and the P4 Advanced is the video max resolution, but that is for the P3 Pro and the P3 Advanced.  My apologies to all!

There is a slight discrepancy between the cameras from what I was able to find in the manuals, but not anywhere near what I had thought.  The rear obstacle avoidance sensors not being included also surprised me.  I sure got the P3 Advanced and the P4 Advanced mixed up.  I must be getting old!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-7-5
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

KEJ Posted at 7-5 22:19
Morning

Aloha KEJ,

Mahalo for pointing out my mistake for me!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-7-5
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Cetacean good morning

Not really a mistake, just saying, hey that's why we are all here.

Hopefully you are having better weather than I am over here..............drizzle this morning !

Cheers
2020-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules