640 2 2020-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EHEA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 363960 ft
Germany

Hi!

I recently began to use ND filters, so that I can get both natural motion blur and a non-saturated sky even on a sunny day. Works like a charm. To get the desired effect I sometimes have to increase the brightness a bit in post production, but no prob.

The problem with this is that under these conditions, I somtimes struggle to see darker regions in the video image. If I crank up the ISO to see where I'm flying, it will ruin the sky (saturation). On a sunny day, most smart phone and tablet displays aren't easy to read in the first place, even at max brighness setting for the device (iPad in my case).

So I wonder how others are handling this.  I don't think there is a way to change the contrast or the brighness or the gamma or whatever for the displayed video feed on the app that will not affect the recorded video, right?

After all, the video feed serves two purposes, a) checking what the recorded video would look like (you want 1:1 fidelity there) and b)  it's also for navigation (you might be more interested in the dark portions of the image ... trees, buildings,...). Ideally you would be able to switch settings on-the-fly ...

Cheers
Heinz

2020-6-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for creating this post and sharing your personal insights. With regards to this inquiry. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the best information for this inquiry. In addition, any changes done on the camera settings will reflect right away on the camera view and you may need to use a post processing software to tweak the video or photo to get the desired result. Thank you.
2020-7-1
Use props
EHEA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 363960 ft
Germany

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I guess it's a feature request to have the App (DJI Fl for my MINI) optionally display a contrast enhanced video without changing the camera sensor sttings , so on-the-fly , perhaps in a sub-window.

I guess if more people woud scraem "I want that  too" it might even happen :-)

2020-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules