Pixelated screen on Iphone using Mavic air 2
2005 3 2020-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RandyO
lvl.1

United States

I am new to drones and recently purchased the Mavic Air 2. It is an amazing device but I have had a problem with the screen on my Iphone XR when viewing from day 1  (I have only had it two weeks).  About 1/2 to 3/4 of the screen is pixelated or has lots of coarse green & red dots (see pic).  When I try to search for this issue, it seems like it occurred often, a couple of years ago with Android users usind different DJI drones.  I have tried most of the items suggested in those older posts, in some cases multiple times (reinstall the DJI fly app, Refresh the controller & drone firmware, use with airplane mode, disable the video cache, etc.)  I tried an Iphone XS as well with exactly the same issue.   Both phones are up to date with current IOS.    The actual video and pictures with the drone taken look great when I download from the SD card.  Is there someting I am missing in the settings?  The only thing I noticed when trying different settings is that there is less of the screen with an issue, if I switch from HD to Smooth.
IMG_0290.PNG
2020-6-29
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Can you please reset the camera settings and please try a different data cable to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-7-1
Use props
RandyO
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-1 23:14
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Can you please reset the camera settings and please try a different data cable to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Thank You for the suggestion, but I have tried  resetting the camera twice with no luck.  After trying two different Iphones I asked a friend who successfully flies his Mavic Air with no issues on a Galaxy S-9, to put a fresh copy of DJI Fly on his phone and connect to my Mavic Air 2.  That phone uses a different cable than my Iphone, but the result was exactly the same when he connected with the phone screen being pixelated.
2020-7-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

RandyO Posted at 7-2 04:34
Thank You for the suggestion, but I have tried  resetting the camera twice with no luck.  After trying two different Iphones I asked a friend who successfully flies his Mavic Air with no issues on a Galaxy S-9, to put a fresh copy of DJI Fly on his phone and connect to my Mavic Air 2.  That phone uses a different cable than my Iphone, but the result was exactly the same when he connected with the phone screen being pixelated.

Thank you for the additional information. Since the issue still persists after multiple troubleshooting, there could be something internal that is causing the issue. It is best that we let our DJI support team do a further diagnostic to find the cause of issue so that a proper resolution will provided. Thank you.
2020-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules