Remote won't connect
470 6 2020-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
snark 219
lvl.1
Canada

Okay, so picked up a Mavic Air 2 fly more package last week and right from the start connecting to my phone was sporadic. Managed to get the firmware update in when the connected, phone is a Motorola G7 power (which is on the support list and updated too) Flew with no problems Friday, couldn't get much going on Saturday but got updates in. Sunday it worked great. Monday it won't connect at all. Same thing today. I've reinstalled the correct  DJI fly app 4 times now. I've done the press 3 buttons on the controller and then the aircraft and received the  2 beep confirmation. Swithced the cables around, made sure it's plugged in to the correct slot, bought and tried another USB C cable.
Read over the 'won't connect" threads on this forum here searching for a fix, nothing has worked so far. So what next?

2020-6-30
Use props
snark 219
lvl.1
Canada

I should mention I bought the drone direct from DJI as well.
2020-6-30
Use props
Cavu Films
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have seen in the past that some apps on your phone can cause conflicts with other apps on your device. At this stage we have to try and narrow down the problem and there are only a couple of things we can do. First if you happen to have an old device or maybe a friend has an unused smartphone or even tablet that you  could borrow to test out. Reset the device to factory defaults and then just install the DJI app. Try it out and see if that fixes the issue. If you have no access to another device maybe backup your device and do a factory reset and do the same thing. Install just the DJI and see if it works. I know this is not ideal but at least you can now rule out your smartphone as the issue. Good luck.
2020-6-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for providing your personal insights about this matter. The said mobile device may work but since DJI has not yet tested the said mobile device. We cannot guarantee the stability and compatibility of the said mobile device during flight. Please try a different recommended mobile device to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-7-2
Use props
snark 219
lvl.1
Canada

Okay, tried 2 different phones today, one Iphone so using a different cable than an android one, still won't connect Flies okay, just no remote connection. I need further assistance all right. What's my next move, ready to give up on this remote for sure.
2020-7-5
Use props
snark 219
lvl.1
Canada

Tried contacting a local dealer earlier in the week, maybe they are reluctant as I did not buy from them. No response at all.
2020-7-5
Use props
snark 219
lvl.1
Canada

Wow, not liking how any of this is going. Got an acknowledgement of a repair request with a whole lot of no info other than everything is going to be delayed. Local company here sent me an email address to contact them rather than messenger, sent an email there and that's the last I heard from them. I'm afraid I've made a bad purchase here with a company that does not communicate well at all. Should I ask for a refund?
2020-7-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules