Nanuk 909 case for the Mini
1599 17 2020-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Hi, I just got my Nanuk case 909 for the Mavic Mini. I had to customize the foam because the fit was not pefect. I had to remove the separator that was on the right side and chop off some of the foam on both side and front so that I could put the battery holders and the wall adapter. I also removed a band of foam underneath the propeller at the bottom so the bottom propellers don't touch anything and are not squeezed. I also digged a square space to put the spared propeller and the screwdriver. So now the whole fly more combe fit in there.

I also had to thin the foam underneat the remote, so I could leave the stick in place. Now it's good. The case is very sturdy, shock proof and waterproof. I think it can be submerged in water for 30 minutes. It will be good for going in a boat ride with my drone.

2020-6-30
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

pictures above
2020-6-30
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Make sure there is zero pressure on any of the props.
They seem to take a deformation real easy...
2020-6-30
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Flycaster Posted at 6-30 12:24
Make sure there is zero pressure on any of the props.
They seem to take a deformation real easy...

I completely removed the foam underneath the propeller, so they basically stand in an empty space, all around and underneath. Nothing is touching the propeller.

I wonder if I should do the same for the top propellers?
2020-6-30
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

I removed a bit of the foam on top of the propellers as well, so now all propellers are not touching anyting.
2020-6-30
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Here is the bottom foam. I just cut off a piece so the propellers under are free.

2020-6-30
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

One tough case for a tiny drone
2020-6-30
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice setup
2020-6-30
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

How do you walk around with that thing? I don't understand it looks like a bomb case or something. Do you walk to the beach or park carrying that thing? I had people stare at the fly more case which I found annoying. I have a camera backpack now so I can walk anywhere without anyone noticing.
2020-6-30
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

22340179 Posted at 6-30 19:43
How do you walk around with that thing? I don't understand it looks like a bomb case or something. Do you walk to the beach or park carrying that thing? I had people stare at the fly more case which I found annoying. I have a camera backpack now so I can walk anywhere without anyone noticing.

Maybe here in Canada it is very different, because we use this type of case for photography equipement all the time. Nanuk is a canadian company, so their cases are very well known, and quite common. It,s the best protective case, practically undestructible, really waterproof and shoc proof, plus, it has a pressure adjusting mecanism for traveling in airplane. I really like the look of the case as well, and last but not least, I could not care less what people think.
2020-6-30
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Daniella3d Posted at 6-30 19:56
Maybe here in Canada it is very different, because we use this type of case for photography equipement all the time. Nanuk is a canadian company, so their cases are very well known, and quite common. It,s the best protective case, practically undestructible, really waterproof and shoc proof, plus, it has a pressure adjusting mecanism for traveling in airplane. I really like the look of the case as well, and last but not least, I could not care less what people think.

If you like it that's all that matters really. It will certainly be safe in there.
2020-6-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice looking case.
2020-7-1
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

22340179 Posted at 6-30 20:44
If you like it that's all that matters really. It will certainly be safe in there.

Yes it should be safe. it's because I want to bring it in the boat and there are always a risk of water damages while riding. It's an inflatable Achille boat.
2020-7-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Daniella3d. Thank you for reaching out and for posting your new DJI Mavic Mini hard case. This case looks great and sturdy. Once again this is great find and thank you for your support.
2020-7-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks very nice!
2020-7-13
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They make very good quality cases - good choice
2020-7-13
Use props
chipchomp
lvl.1
United States

Looks expensive.  Nice!
2020-7-15
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

Yes it's a bit expensive, it was 69$, 81$ with taxes. it's just a better case for going near water, like when in a boat where there is a risk of water damage. It's also sturdy for traveling. It's probably not needed for every day use.
2020-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules