Propeller Fell Off. (Code: 30166)
1794 16 2020-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bobfest
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56581 ft
United States

The unfortunate happened. Two days out of box, and six minuted and ten seconds in on this flight and a propeller undergoes failure. Causing the rest of the Mavic to error and inevitably crash.
As a new user I am meticulous with pre flight, checking each arm and propeller... Everything looked great before takeoff.

The Mavic is lost, DJI has an investigation ticket open for me. I am sending them this flight data from todays failed flight.
For having the drone for two days, and the less than three hours total flight on the drone I am hoping this fits into DJI's replacement service for the major performance falure.

Is this a common occurence? I haven't read about this happening with the Mavic Air 2's!

Flight Data

Flight Data
2020-6-30
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

If you have Care Refresh it doesn’t matter what caused the crash...you return it, pay $69 and get a replacement.
2020-6-30
Use props
Bobfest
lvl.1
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 6-30 18:10
If you have Care Refresh it doesn’t matter what caused the crash...you return it, pay $69 and get a replacement.
I have Care refresh. Just hoping to not have to use it with a failure with one of the components two days out of box.
There is also nothing to return.
2020-6-30
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

If you totally lost the drone, I don’t think they’ll give you a replacement. The propeller issue can’t be proven one way or the other of who is responsible. They’ll claim it wasn’t on securely...that based on rotation and design there’s no way it can come off except for improper  installation. Keep us informed. . I hope it works out for you. Good luck!!!
2020-6-30
Use props
Bobfest
lvl.1
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 6-30 18:29
If you totally lost the drone, I don’t think they’ll give you a replacement. The propeller issue can’t be proven one way or the other of who is responsible. They’ll claim it wasn’t on securely...that based on rotation and design there’s no way it can come off except for improper  installation. Keep us informed. . I hope it works out for you. Good luck!!!

I too hope for the best, and will update this situation.

I agree the props are designed to lock in place, and a faulty install would have failed inside seconds of liftoff. If not during my first ascent to a cruising height. But over six minutes into a flight?

2020-6-30
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did see 1 thread where the prop spit a blade......that will take you down every time.   Canyon, River, Ocean ??

Sorry to hear this......hopefully DJI will step up.

Randy
2020-6-30
Use props
Bobfest
lvl.1
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 6-30 18:43
I did see 1 thread where the prop spit a blade......that will take you down every time.   Canyon, River, Ocean ??

Sorry to hear this......hopefully DJI will step up.
Yes, it's last known location was over a small lake.

I might swim out and take a peek with snorkeling gear.
2020-6-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Bobfest, I'm sorry about the accident. You mentioned that you have contacted our support team and created a ticket already, right? I have tried but unable to get your ticket number via your forum account, so could you let me know your ticket number? I'd like to help you keep an eye on it. Thanks.
2020-6-30
Use props
Bobfest
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-30 20:01
Hi Bobfest, I'm sorry about the accident. You mentioned that you have contacted our support team and created a ticket already, right? I have tried but unable to get your ticket number via your forum account, so could you let me know your ticket number? I'd like to help you keep an eye on it. Thanks.

PM sent to you with the Ticket/Case number.

Thank you for keeping an eye on this for me!
2020-7-1
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bobfest Posted at 7-1 07:19
PM sent to you with the Ticket/Case number.

Thank you for keeping an eye on this for me!

Thanks for your message, the data analysis is ongoing, but we need more details, our support team will contact you with how to retrieve the required data, please note the email notification, thank you.
2020-7-2
Use props
Bobfest
lvl.1
United States

12 days later, and I am basically in square one with DJI. They wont update my case # CAS-4565794-J8K9F3  ....

I have delivered my flight data, and videos to over four individuals that I have spoken with, and every new conversation I start with DJI representatives feels like they have nothing on hand to continue my claim. I have supplied my Google Drive shared link with everyone, as though the link isn't saved to my case.

Do I need to make a new post in Mavic 2 general to be seen here? As this original post was moved, and buried away from others.
2020-7-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bobfest Posted at 7-11 08:16
12 days later, and I am basically in square one with DJI. They wont update my case # CAS-4565794-J8K9F3  ....

I have delivered my flight data, and videos to over four individuals that I have spoken with, and every new conversation I start with DJI representatives feels like they have nothing on hand to continue my claim. I have supplied my Google Drive shared link with everyone, as though the link isn't saved to my case.

Hi Bobfest, sorry for the late response, I have replied to your PM, kindly please check it, thanks.
2020-7-12
Use props
Bobfest
lvl.1
United States

DJI Support went through my data, and found that my incident fell under a warranty case. They are shipping me a replacement Mavic 2, with battery that was lost in the accident.

It took a few days, But DJI stepped up for me, which is great! I was kind of whamboozled by the incident, having such a failure three days out of box.

Fingers crossed shipping is fast, I am antsy to put the prop failure behind me... and get back into the skies!
2020-7-13
Use props
Bobfest
lvl.1
United States

Replacement drone question

*Reposted here, no replies on my last post.*

I had a warranty case on a three day old MA2. The drone wasn't recoverable, DJI decided to sent a replacement drone after reviewing my flight data.

I checked my tracking info they provided, and the package is shipping from California, instead of their Chinese warehouses.

Am I recieving a refurbished MA2, over a new drone as a replacement? As I understand, their US refurbishment center is in California.

Thanks for the reply.

2020-7-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Bobfest, I managed to your case number via your Forum account and PM you the information about your drone, please check it, thanks.
2020-7-22
Use props
djiuser_Cdsp7Pps3v8j
lvl.1

Hungary

Ma repüléseim során én is ugyanilyen hibaüzeteket kaptam, leszálltam, ellenőriztem minden propellert, de mindegyik mev volt, és a csavarok rögzítettek voltak. Mit kellene tennem még, hogy ne kapjak ilyen hibaüzeneteket?

IMG_3871.PNG
2023-9-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_Cdsp7Pps3v8j Posted at 9-17 05:56
Ma repüléseim során én is ugyanilyen hibaüzeteket kaptam, leszálltam, ellenőriztem minden propellert, de mindegyik mev volt, és a csavarok rögzítettek voltak. Mit kellene tennem még, hogy ne kapjak ilyen hibaüzeneteket?

Hi, djiuser_Cdsp7Pps3v8j. Thank you for reaching out. What drone model do you have?
2023-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules