Mavic Air 2 Crash - Uncontrollable, went backward
983 1 2020-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jason89
New
United States

Hello, was flying my Mavic Air 2 around the beach today. It was working fine for a while. I went to do a quick shot and before it completed it stopped, it said altitude limit was reached. I went to fly it back down to try again and noticed it was getting hard to control. I was holding forward on the control stick and it would not go forward, it was just staying put. I let go of the forward control and the drone instantly shot backward at full speed before crashing into a hill. I attempted flight at home and same thing, it lifted then instantly shot backwards. I replaced all propellers and wiped off all sensors. It now will lift and go to the side as soon it starts up, it says propellor installation error now. I checked and they are all installed correctly, I put brand new ones on each. Any help would be appreciated. Only had the drone a couple months and have flown it probably 15 times. Worked flawlessly every time before today.

Here is the flight log where it crashed, I noticed toward the end the altitude is reading in the negative for some reason. It was probably 10-12 feet when it shot backward and crashed. https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/A7EC60MY5I725Q6PQFVG/

2020-6-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like you were holding both sticks down which would cause you to fly backwards and drop altitude.   Also the altitude is relevant to take off position so its not unusual to have a negative value.
2020-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules