Spark gets Blown Away
1496 31 2020-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Hello everyone, I'm back again.  After a couple of months of not flying Sparky, due to buying an AIR 2, I decided today to cycle the batteries in the back yard.  BUT..  It was a very windy day with wind gusts were up to 47 kph.  Way too much for Saprky.  The idea was to stay fairly low and drain the batteries out.  Well the wind changed my plans and it blew poor little old Sparky away.   I won't spoil what happen.  You can watch the video..  ****  Disclaimer : Yes I'm an Idiot for flying it at all ****  

2020-7-1
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Germany

Hi Greg,

You've been lucky indeed :-)
Alone all those wires dangling around...I'd never fly there...

Cheers,
Wolferl
2020-7-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

At least you didn't loose it.
2020-7-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Greg - TheHuski. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this interesting flight of your DJI Spark. It is great to know that there was no damage done on the said drone but if you feel that the said drone on your next flights are not working properly. Kindly please get in touch with our DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. Thank you for your valued support and fly safe always.
2020-7-2
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

Was it in Sport mode when it was blown away?
2020-7-2
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Australia

Wolferl Posted at 7-1 01:32
Hi Greg,

Yes VERY lucky.  Missed all the Trees, the House next door, and all the wires.  I was only trying to fly low to use the battery but the wind took it.  Silly me
2020-7-2
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 7-1 01:36
At least you didn't loose it.

No it pretty much saved itself.  The Sensor worked to stop it going into the large Tree.  I was very lucky but silly to have flown it.  
2020-7-2
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-2 01:36
Hello there Greg - TheHuski. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this interesting flight of your DJI Spark. It is great to know that there was no damage done on the said drone but if you feel that the said drone on your next flights are not working properly. Kindly please get in touch with our DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance. Thank you for your valued support and fly safe always.

Hopefully it will fly better with little wind. Thanks
2020-7-2
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Australia

MKPSG12 Posted at 7-2 01:37
Was it in Sport mode when it was blown away?

No, I  think it was in normal mode   - Checked controller, yes normal mode.   I was lucky.
2020-7-2
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

Funny movie !  Sometimes, you need some luck... Thanks for sharing !
2020-7-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wow - you were lucky!
2020-7-2
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Australia

A J Posted at 7-2 14:07
Wow - you were lucky!

Yes for sure.  The front sensors did their job.   Blame the Idiot (Me) for even attempting to fly in that wind
2020-7-2
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Australia

KDP + Posted at 7-2 02:24
Funny movie !  Sometimes, you need some luck... Thanks for sharing !

Yes I Was very Lucky. It could have crashed anywhere or flown and got stuck up in the huge Tree or Flown off.   Thanks for watching.
2020-7-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Greg - TheHuski Posted at 7-2 15:03
Yes for sure.  The front sensors did their job.   Blame the Idiot (Me) for even attempting to fly in that wind

No harm done in the end and at least it came through
2020-7-2
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Australia

A J Posted at 7-2 15:16
No harm done in the end and at least it came through

Yes it all ended well  
2020-7-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Greg - TheHuski Posted at 7-2 01:43
Hopefully it will fly better with little wind.  Thanks

Hi there Greg - TheHuski. Thank you for the reply and for giving out this information. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-7-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2020-7-3
Use props
Frunobulax
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12936 ft
United States

I had a similar situation. The spark app told me that the winds were too high.  I just watched my Spark get swept away. Then the winds subsided and i put it in sport mode and started heading for home, then the winds started again and it started getting swept away. Then the winds subsided again. I finally got the spark close enough and landed.
2020-7-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lucky fellow.
2020-7-3
Use props
fans65acc8c2
lvl.1
United States

Wolferl Posted at 7-1 01:32
Hi Greg,

Yeah with a max speed of 30 miles an hour 47 miles an hour wind would send it out to control at about  17 miles an hour LOL
2020-7-3
Use props
fans65acc8c2
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-2 22:39
Hi there Greg - TheHuski. Thank you for the reply and for giving out this information. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

Nothing worse when I want to fly and I can hear the wind howling around my building. With a 30 mile an hour max speed anything over 20 miles an hour is going to cause me some major problems and handling. Are used to fly many helicopters those things couldn’t take a 3 mile an hour winds so I am very satisfied
2020-7-3
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Australia

Frunobulax Posted at 7-3 03:42
I had a similar situation. The spark app told me that the winds were too high.  I just watched my Spark get swept away. Then the winds subsided and i put it in sport mode and started heading for home, then the winds started again and it started getting swept away. Then the winds subsided again. I finally got the spark close enough and landed.

Wow that would be pretty scary having no or little control. Glad you got it back.
2020-7-3
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Australia

You can say that again lol
2020-7-3
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Australia

fans65acc8c2 Posted at 7-3 09:55
Yeah with a max speed of 30 miles an hour 47 miles an hour wind would send it out to control at about  17 miles an hour LOL

Yes it flew off rather quickly lol.  
2020-7-3
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Australia

fans65acc8c2 Posted at 7-3 09:58
Nothing worse when I want to fly and I can hear the wind howling around my building. With a 30 mile an hour max speed anything over 20 miles an hour is going to cause me some major problems and handling. Are used to fly many helicopters those things couldn’t take a 3 mile an hour winds so I am very satisfied

Usually I never ever fly in heavy winds.  Not sure why I tried this time other than to fly low to drain the batteries.   I should have done it inside. I was lucky it ended well.
2020-7-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Greg - TheHuski Posted at 7-3 14:30
You can say that again lol

You're welcome.
2020-7-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fans65acc8c2 Posted at 7-3 09:58

Hello there. Thank you sharing these information with us and for sharing your valued insights with regards to this matter. Again thank you for your valued support and please fly safe always.
2020-7-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good thing you still have it.
2020-7-13
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 7-13 05:39
Good thing you still have it.

Yes it didn't get blown too far.   Just over the house to the front yard.  Very lucky
2020-9-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Greg - TheHuski Posted at 9-4 22:40
Yes it didn't get blown too far.   Just over the house to the front yard.  Very lucky

I love that kind of luck!
2020-9-6
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Australia

Montfrooij Posted at 9-6 10:54
I love that kind of luck!

DUMB LUCK
2020-9-8
Use props