First use Controller Firmware upgrade fail..
1160 12 2020-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tomthx
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Everyone.
I recently purchase the Mavic Mini and the first time I turned it on it wanted to upgrade the firmware of the controller and it failed. After restarting the controller and the drone it want to upgrade the drone, and it failed. I looked up the issue only to discover all of the problems that people have had with firmware for this drone. I have now learn't not to trust just youtube reviews.
I have since tried to upgrade the controller firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and it fails with the attached error trying to do a force update. At least the DJI Assistant app upgraded the Mini without an issue.
I have logged an issue via DJI chat and after more then a week of not even one response and I have escalated the issue via chat again and still no reply. So now I'm reaching out to the forums, even though I purchased DJI care for this drone I have not been able to get any solution.
I have search for this error code and found nothing so hopefully someone has had this problem and might be able to help.
Any help would be appreciated, as this is the first DJI drone I have purchased, as I have a number of Yuneec drones that have not had any problems, so I was expecting better from DJI and so far it has been a dissappointment, to say the least.
I haven't flown the Mini as I would like to have firmware issues resolved before flying the drone. Not one flight and I have had it for almost 2 weeks purchased brand new Fly More combo.
Cheers, Tom.

Error code

Error code
2020-7-1
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

What does the upload error log contain?

2020-7-1
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Does it fail every time at that point or is it varying it ?

I think you could try with a good quality USB cable, something that you know can offer a good reliable connection.
2020-7-1
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Does it work with the lower firmware available in assistant? I use that and found it has less compass issues for me than the newer one.
2020-7-1
Use props
tomthx
lvl.1
Australia

m80116 Posted at 7-1 12:41
Does it fail every time at that point or is it varying it ?

I think you could try with a good quality USB cable, something that you know can offer a good reliable connection.

I will try another cable today. Thanks, I'll keep you posted
2020-7-1
Use props
tomthx
lvl.1
Australia

22340179 Posted at 7-1 12:44
Does it work with the lower firmware available in assistant? I use that and found it has less compass issues for me than the newer one.

Hi. I've tried the older version and it fails as well. But the Assistant always wants to force upgrade to the latest version when it starts. Once that fails it will let me go back and choose the older version but it fails. Thanks for the response.
2020-7-1
Use props
tomthx
lvl.1
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 7-1 05:42

Hi, Where does it upload the error file to once you select that? I will check it out but I thought it would send it to DJI. Thanks.
2020-7-1
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sounds like you may have to send it back to DJI. Contact their support directly.
2020-7-1
Use props
tomthx
lvl.1
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 7-1 05:42

Here's a screenshot of the last few lines of the Error log from the Assistant app. Anything that stands out?
2020-7-1
Use props
tomthx
lvl.1
Australia

Tried another 2 USB cables this morning, one of them was the one of the white ones that come with the drone, but it failed again although it did make it to 66% when tryin to upgrade to the older version and then again upgrading to the new one. I also tried two different USB ports on the PC. Here ar some screenshots of the upgrade to 400 first and then the new 500 version:

I would like to try and fix it rather than send it for repair to DJI, otherwise I want to return it for a refund and go back to a Yuneec drone or wait for the Skydio 2.
I'm also going to try the re-install of the DJI Fly app try again using that.
Thanks for the help so far.
2020-7-1
Use props
tomthx
lvl.1
Australia

The Re-install of the DJI Fly App and start another upgrade and is failed at 77% with an error code 8002. I'm now very frustrated, to the point that I would like to return the unit tpo the place of purchase for a refund. Any other options?
2020-7-1
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Some other options to try: different PC, different OS, use OTA upgrades (within the Fly app).

I've noticed a "device removed" at the beginning of your log file which seems to suggest there's a stability problem with the USB connection, whether be it a timing, instruction or hardware problem it is yet to know.

I won't suggest any PC troubleshooting but only make sure you access a USB port with direct access to a USB root hub and possibly one from the chipset manufacturer, if you're on Intel that should definitely be an Intel host controller.

2020-7-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. This is not the experience that we wanted you to have with your DJI Mavic Mini. I have sent a PM, please check at your most convenient time. Thank you.
2020-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules