1092 12 2020-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cayton828
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2358383 ft
  • >>>
United States

The video feed for whatever switches to some type of split screen mode and the only way I can get it to stop is turning the drone off and turn it back on. Anybody have any idea
Screenshot_20200629-100237.jpg
2020-7-1
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Cayton,

Wow!  This is nuts!  I have never seen a split screen like this before.  Are the two images facing opposite directions?  Are you using DJI GO 4?  Are there even two cameras facing those directions?  Wait, April Fools was when?  Do you think there is a video setting that allows split screen?

If you want to actually get rid of the split screen (without restarting it), you could use the "Restore Defaults" option.  But, you may not want to do that yet.  One of the Moderators may want to chime in on this one.  Bet they never seen this!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-7-2
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

I can't even begin to think of how that happens.
2020-7-2
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

A lot of users would like to have a split screen possibility.... but in my opinion, it does not exist...

Where both 'screens' live, or was one side just frozen...?? it's almost impossible something like this....?
2020-7-2
Use props
Cayton828
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 7-2 00:57
Aloha Cayton,

Wow!  This is nuts!  I have never seen a split screen like this before.  Are the two images facing opposite directions?  Are you using DJI GO 4?  Are there even two cameras facing those directions?  Wait, April Fools was when?  Do you think there is a video setting that allows split screen?

Yeah I don't know I'm at a complete loss as to how this happens. It almost seems like it's the same camera but it's switch sides if that makes sense. Doesn't make sense to me though
2020-7-2
Use props
Cayton828
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

KDP + Posted at 7-2 02:30
A lot of users would like to have a split screen possibility.... but in my opinion, it does not exist...

Where both 'screens' live, or was one side just frozen...?? it's almost impossible something like this....?

I know both of the screens are a live feed from the camera it's just like they are switch sides the camera that would normally be the view from the right is on the left and vice versa. And when it happens while flying it's really hard to bring it down because everything is out of sorts
2020-7-2
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Cayton828 Posted at 7-2 21:40
I know both of the screens are a live feed from the camera it's just like they are switch sides the camera that would normally be the view from the right is on the left and vice versa. And when it happens while flying it's really hard to bring it down because everything is out of sorts

Aloha Cayton,

OK, that is the answer!  There is a split screen because the circuitry from the two sides were not connected properly.  Your chip was not manufactured properly and somehow got through quality control.

I did not realize that the left was on the right and the right was on the left.  I can see it now.  Because the on-screen display (OSD) is coherent, the overlay was not affected.  It is interesting that you say that the only way you can get it to stop is to do a reboot.  Now this all makes sense and it also indicates a new development.

The display you screenshot is a configuration for virtual reality goggles and 3D vision but backwards.  The fact that the overlay is not affected works with that indication.  The fact that you can control the setting by a reboot means that it will someday be under software control which is exactly what you would get with VR goggles and 3D vision.

Somebody in the assembly line at DJI was working on a VR version camera for a new project.  They noticed that the two images were soldered backwards so they removed the chip and tossed it.  The chip landed where it could get transported to the Mavic 2 Pro camera assembly area or they were working near enough to the Mavic 2 Pro camera area that a Mavic 2 Pro camera assembler picked it up and installed it in your Mavic 2 pro.  LOL!

The restart is the exception that proves the rule.  Restarting resets the default and you get a normal display.  I wonder how many of these cameras are out there?  If yours is the only one, it would support my little thought experiment about the random chip.  This is hilarious!  

The humor is because it is so understandable and puts a human face on how our favorite toys are made - there really are elves in Santa Claus workshop!  I am sure DJI will have no problem swapping your camera.  BTW, if you had second thoughts and now want a Zoom camera, you could ask DJI to replace your camera with the Zoom camera.  They offer that service, so replacing your camera should be no problem.   (I am not saying you should change the type of camera though, just that you could.)  

Mahalo!  This was fun!  

Happy 4th of July!  Take care and stay safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-7-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know the model of the mobile device please? Kindly please try a different recommended mobile device to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-7-3
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-3 02:18
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know the model of the mobile device please? Kindly please try a different recommended mobile device to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Aloha Paladin,

Mahalo for the help!  This is a weird one.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-7-3
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Cayton828 Posted at 7-2 05:25
Yeah I don't know I'm at a complete loss as to how this happens. It almost seems like it's the same camera but it's switch sides if that makes sense. Doesn't make sense to me though

Aloha Cayton,

DJI Paladin has responded to your thread.  Work with Paladin to resolve your issue, he can streamline your efforts.

Mahalo for the thread.  Things like this are why I like the Forum, they keep my creative juices flowing!

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-7-3
Use props
Cayton828
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-3 02:18

It's a Samsung note 10 and I have tried it on other devices as well. it seems to me that I have a faulty camera how do I need to get this replaced
2020-7-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Cayton828 Posted at 7-3 20:23
It's a Samsung note 10 and I have tried it on other devices as well. it seems to me that I have a faulty camera how do I need to get this replaced

Hi. Thank you for the additional information and I am sorry to know that the issue still persists after this troubleshooting step. May I know the model of the other mobile device that you used to test the issue? Kindly please try to refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 to isolate the issue. In addition, I will be posting the lists of the recommended mobile device. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2020-7-5
Use props
Cayton828
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

KDP + Posted at 7-2 02:30

Yes both of the screams were live, it was very hard to fly because it was so confusing
2020-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules