smart controler & mavic air two
1579 16 2020-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ArnaudL
lvl.1
  • >>>
France

I was told that the smart controller could be used with the new mavic air two ?
I haven't seen the firmware. is it coming soon ?

2020-7-2
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

One can only hope. One thing I've learned. Never buy a product in the hope that a feature you want, that wasn't released at launch will come. Buy it for what it does out of the box. I would like smart controller support, I'm on the edge of the seat to buy one but I've also seen some new kit for my DSLR I would like.
2020-7-2
Use props
ArnaudL
lvl.1
  • >>>
France

Malakai_UK Posted at 7-2 07:37
One can only hope. One thing I've learned. Never buy a product in the hope that a feature you want, that wasn't released at launch will come. Buy it for what it does out of the box. I would like smart controller support, I'm on the edge of the seat to buy one but I've also seen some new kit for my DSLR I would like.

Yes you’re absolutely right. Since both use ocusync 2.0 I thought it would be obvious
2020-7-2
Use props
Spikemixture
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49918 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

It would be a great sales pitch to make the Smart controller work with ALL the  DJI range.

I suspect the controller has all the bits in to be used with even the mini!

just saying..
2020-7-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ArnaudL. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared. As of the moment the DJI Smart Controller is not compatible with the DJI Mavic Air 2. In addition, the DJI Mavic Air 2 will be compatible with the DJI Smart Controller through a future firmware update. Thank you.
2020-7-2
Use props
ArnaudL
lvl.1
  • >>>
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-2 20:48
Hello there ArnaudL. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared. As of the moment the DJI Smart Controller is not compatible with the DJI Mavic Air 2. In addition, the DJI Mavic Air 2 will be compatible with the DJI Smart Controller through a future firmware update. Thank you.

Thank you Stephen....can’t wait
2020-7-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ArnaudL Posted at 7-2 21:59

Hi there ArnaudL. You are very much welcome and thank you for the given reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-7-3
Use props
k9kids
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4951 ft
United States

ArnaudL Posted at 7-2 21:59

DJI Stephen,

We’re all adults on this forum. Why not give us a estimated timeframe for a Smart Controller upgrade that works with the Mavic Air 2.

If, an update is being considered, surely a target for release exists.

All I see is you patted ArnaudL on the back and sent him on his merry way with expectations.

If you stated there was a planned release for 3Q/20, or something like that, I’d be ecstatic waiting to give you more of my money.
2020-7-3
Use props
Spikemixture
lvl.3
  • >>>
Philippines

k9kids Posted at 7-3 13:43
DJI Stephen,

We’re all adults on this forum. Why not give us a estimated timeframe for a Smart Controller upgrade that works with the Mavic Air 2.

YES

All k9 said  except stupid me believed the firmware update would be shortly after the Air 2 release.
As I have already bought the smart controller
2020-7-4
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Spikemixture Posted at 7-4 02:42
YES

All k9 said  except stupid me believed the firmware update would be shortly after the Air 2 release.

Using the Smart Controller will definitely be a fine thing ...

But, you should actually only buy it if the function is guaranteed by the firmware of the MA2. It is different for someone who already had the Smart Controller ...
2020-7-4
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Spikemixture Posted at 7-4 02:42
YES

Did you buy the Mavic Air 2 secondhand as I don't see the icon in your list of activated drones?
2020-7-4
Use props
fansec8f5e71
lvl.2
Flight distance : 489190 ft
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 7-4 08:21
Using the Smart Controller will definitely be a fine thing ...

But, you should actually only buy it if the function is guaranteed by the firmware of the MA2. It is different for someone who already had the Smart Controller ...

I was so dumb and bought the smart controller but doesn't work for the mavic Air 2.
2020-7-4
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

k9kids Posted at 7-3 13:43
DJI Stephen,

We’re all adults on this forum. Why not give us a estimated timeframe for a Smart Controller upgrade that works with the Mavic Air 2.

k9, the information is not stephen's to give.  he is providing the information he is authorized to relay to us.  this is an official dji forum and the messaging is controlled by dji if it's like other businesses.  so you have the information, and it's your dollars and you vote with them however you wish.  dji is well aware some customers won't buy their products without the most complete information in advance.  pretty sure they are not expecting anyone to buy the scm for use with the ma2 today until the day it is ready.

let's see if this works:  dji, I just bought a custom skin for my ma2 and I bought the matching skin for the scm hoping that when I go flying, I will match.  could you please have the scm compatible by tuesday when my skin shipment arrives?
2020-7-4
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 7-4 14:42
k9, the information is not stephen's to give.  he is providing the information he is authorized to relay to us.  this is an official dji forum and the messaging is controlled by dji if it's like other businesses.  so you have the information, and it's your dollars and you vote with them however you wish.  dji is well aware some customers won't buy their products without the most complete information in advance.  pretty sure they are not expecting anyone to buy the scm for use with the ma2 today until the day it is ready.

let's see if this works:  dji, I just bought a custom skin for my ma2 and I bought the matching skin for the scm hoping that when I go flying, I will match.  could you please have the scm compatible by tuesday when my skin shipment arrives?

https://media2.giphy.com/media/du8gnf5mzT0wR9WkpP/giphy.gif
2020-7-4
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fansec8f5e71 Posted at 7-4 12:32
I was so dumb and bought the smart controller but doesn't work for the mavic Air 2.

I think ultimately you won't be disappointed by DJI, they will do everything they can to make this controller work. I'm very sure about that ...
2020-7-4
Use props
Spikemixture
lvl.3
  • >>>
Philippines

A J Posted at 7-4 08:26
Did you buy the Mavic Air 2 secondhand as I don't see the icon in your list of activated drones?

No Still waiting . I bought direct from DJI. and sent to a Freight forwarder to send to me in the Philippines.

The Freight forwarder (Shipping Cart specializes in sending stuff to PH) is stuffing me around really badly.
Usually from the time they get it and it lands at my house is about 10 days.

As of today it has been at their warehouse for 27 days AND I have paid the freight to get it here.
And they blocked me usually their FB page to comment or 'chat'
And they are not answering emails!  
2020-7-5
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Spikemixture Posted at 7-5 02:17
No Still waiting . I bought direct from DJI. and sent to a Freight forwarder to send to me in the Philippines.

The Freight forwarder (Shipping Cart specializes in sending stuff to PH) is stuffing me around really badly.

What a nightmare for you - hope you get it soon.
2020-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules