Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Precision landing --- hahaha?
616 6 2020-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I use a colored landing pad with appropriate markings.
I only start the MA2 if at least 10 satellites have been found.
I start up the MA2 very slowly so that it can precisely record the take-off and landing area.
I only fly in daylight.

The MA2 did not return to the landing pad "precisely" on any landing approach. Shortly before touchdown there is still the message "The ambient conditions are not suitable for an automatic landing!". The floor under the MA2 is very flat - also due to the landpad - and - at least for me - very well visible ...
What else can you do?

Addendum: I had already calibrated obstacle detection (using DJI Assistant 2) several times ...

2020-7-2
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Where is "precision" defined? What is this good for?
2020-7-2
Use props
mph6563
lvl.3

United States

Do you fly directly upwards at first? I fly straight up to 30 ft, hover for a few seconds, then fly as I please. Most of the time precision landing works well for me (in the sense of hitting a 2' landing pad).

2020-7-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

"The ambient conditions are not suitable for an automatic landing!".
What else can you do?

D & E
The Precision Landing performance is subject to the following conditions:
a. The Home Point must be recorded upon takeoff and must not be changed during flight. Otherwise, the aircraft will have no record of the Home Point terrain features.
b. During takeoff, the aircraft must ascend vertically 7 m before moving horizontally.
c. The Home Point terrain features must remain largely unchanged.
d. The Home Point terrain features must be sufficiently distinctive.
e. The lighting conditions must not be too light or too dark.
2020-7-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Typically I hover in place for about 10 sec after takeoff before flying out.
2020-7-2
Use props
Magicdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 101086 ft
United States

Woe Posted at 7-2 07:44
Typically I hover in place for about 10 sec after takeoff before flying out.

Hi. When I takeoff I let the Air 2 go up to it's initial height (about 3 meters), let it hover for about ten seconds, and then take it straight up to about 25 or 30 feet and let it hover for about another 10 seconds. Then I go fly.
Using this method I usually get precise landings on my landing pad that always amaze me. Only one time have I had an errant landing (about 5 feet away).
Might I add I try to fly with about 15 GPS satellites. Good luck.
2020-7-2
Use props
Rustic17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

GPS is great but that just gets the drone in the ballpark.  It's the visual system that then takes over and fine tunes the landing. You can actually see the correction during the descent...going from GPS to visual. Mine are within 4-5 inches.  Make sure you do the takeoff as others and the manual have stated...and make sure you have good contrast in the landing zone.  And I try to be away from the takeoff zone because when it climbs to 7m. it might have me in the visual area and then not see me when it returns to land and get confused.  Sorry, to answer your question I don't know why you're getting that message.  The obvious...check and make sure the vision sensors are clean and free of any grease/oil (like fingerprints) that might distort what it's seeing.
2020-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules