Smart Controller fails to connect to WLAN
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BikeMike1950
lvl.1
Germany

Although the Smart Controller recognizes my WLAN and shows a strong signal, it fails to connect after entering the correct password.

And without a WLAN connection, you cannot get the controller beyond this point. So currently I face the fact that my new Mavic 2 Zoom is now just an expensive piece of electronics that does not work.

Is there a 'workaround' for this? Too bad you can't connect the 'smart' controller via USB to a PC and go from there.   

2020-7-2
Use props
KDP +
lvl.4
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

Hello,

Try to do the following : use your mobile phone as Wifi hotspot.  It will generate another Wifi network with a specific password which you can see on your mobile phone.
See if you can connect the smart controller to this Wifi network...

KDP
2020-7-2
Use props
Avi_Elbaz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1095377 ft
Israel

Are you trying to connect to 2.4 Ghz or 5 Ghz WiFi ? If to 2.4 Ghz make sure the WiFi network uses one of this channels 1,6,11 otherwise you may have issues connecting.
2020-7-2
Use props
BikeMike1950
lvl.1
Germany

KDP + Posted at 7-2 09:34
Hello,

Try to do the following : use your mobile phone as Wifi hotspot.  It will generate another Wifi network with a specific password which you can see on your mobile phone.

Good morning,
Your idea is simply brilliant! Great job and thank you.
Mike Carpenter
2020-7-2
Use props
KDP +
lvl.4
Belgium

Let us know the result.
2020-7-2
Use props
BikeMike1950
lvl.1
Germany

Hi!
Got everything installed via smartphone - that was a cool piece of advice - thanks again!
Drone & controller are now ready and I'm waiting for the rain to stop so GPS can get setup too.
2020-7-3
Use props
KDP +
lvl.4
Belgium

yeah ! Let's drone !!
2020-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules