Will the Air 2 Controller work with the Mini?
981 8 2020-7-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spikemixture
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49918 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

As they use the same app will the Air 2 Controller work with the Mini?

2020-7-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

NO! The mini uses enhanced wifi and the MA2 uses occusync 2, They are not compatible.
2020-7-2
Use props
Spikemixture
lvl.3
  • >>>
Philippines

Woe Posted at 7-2 07:39
NO! The mini uses enhanced wifi and the MA2 uses occusync 2, They are not compatible.

Thanks for the quick answer.

I have a mini and an Air 2 on its way. I also have the smart controller in anticipation of the air2 firmware update.
So was hoping to use the Air 2 controller with the mini. oh well.
2020-7-2
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Spikemixture Posted at 7-2 07:45
Thanks for the quick answer.

I have a mini and an Air 2 on its way. I also have the smart controller in anticipation of the air2 firmware update.

No worries. Have a great day
2020-7-2
Use props
mavicmini1222
New

United States

Nope it wont
2020-7-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Spikemixture. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Woe is correct on port #2. The DJI Mavic Air 2 remote controller is not compatible with the DJI Mavic Mini drone and vice versa. Thank you for your understanding and fly safe always.
2020-7-2
Use props
Spikemixture
lvl.3
  • >>>
Philippines

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-2 21:26
Hello there Spikemixture. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. Woe is correct on port #2. The DJI Mavic Air 2 remote controller is not compatible with the DJI Mavic Mini drone and vice versa. Thank you for your understanding and fly safe always.

Thanks Stephen,

My other question is when Will we get the Smart Controller update to use with the AIR 2 ?
2020-7-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Spikemixture Posted at 7-2 21:33
Thanks Stephen,

My other question is when Will we get the Smart Controller update to use with the AIR 2 ?

Hi there Spikemixture. Thank you for the reply and for this inquiry. As of the moment our DJI engineers are still working on it to make the DJI Smart controller compatible with the DJI Mavic Air 2. In addition, DJI Mavic Air 2 will be compatible with the Smart Controller through a future firmware update in the future. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest update by visiting out official website at www.dji.com for more details. Thank you.
2020-7-3
Use props
Spikemixture
lvl.3
  • >>>
Philippines

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-3 00:12
Hi there Spikemixture. Thank you for the reply and for this inquiry. As of the moment our DJI engineers are still working on it to make the DJI Smart controller compatible with the DJI Mavic Air 2. In addition, DJI Mavic Air 2 will be compatible with the Smart Controller through a future firmware update in the future. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest update by visiting out official website at www.dji.com for more details. Thank you.

Hi Stephen,
Thanks ,

Lots of rumors that  the updated firmware was to be released 2 weeks after the Air 2 hit the shops,

I personally bought the Smart controller for use with the Air 2.  

ATM it is a $750 brick.

Please give me the firmware ETA.
2020-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules